• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal vs Swann

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Murali is still the second best spinner? Must be all those T20s he's playing. WAC.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It seemed appropriate for people to dig this on the basis of the last match.

So on the basis of five and a half sessions, I am going to bump it again. Discuss.

Spark

Global Moderator
The thing about Ajmal is that I think, because he's so reliant on his length and doesn't turn it as much as Swann, and is more reliant on tricks like the doosra, he's easier to get on top of. On pitches with more bounce (where his natural length is easier to play on the back foot without the risk of LBW etc) like in England/SA/here, a fairly decent player of spin will find him reasonably straightforward to play so long as they don't completely fail against the variations (and you'd expect that many wouldn't nowadays with video footage and all)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ajmal is not a one trick pony as many people think the reason his doosra is so lethal is because this stock ball the off break is also quite potent the awesomeness of his doosra gets his offbreak to go unnoticed.

morgieb

I'm not sure. How well did Ajmal do in England, and against South Africa?

Hasn't played Australia or India either.

Daemon

If I were going into a match tomorrow, I'd go with Ajmal.

English fans are obviously not going to pick Ajmal though, much like their batsmen.

Uppercut

It seemed appropriate for people to dig this on the basis of the last match.

So on the basis of five and a half sessions, I am going to bump it again. Discuss.
:laugh: nice.

Depends on the pitch really. On some pitches Ajmal can turn it both ways and Swann just the one, on others Swann can turn it one way and Ajmal can't turn it at all.