• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal vs Swann

Xuhaib

International Coach
up till now Ajmal has had only 2 really good series against test quality opposition, this series is his big test Swann has the better pedigree behind him.

smash84

The Tiger King
OMG.....that is rahat fateh ali khan????

The last time I saw him was years back and he wasn't so fat

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Couldn't they just paste three sensors at three points (shoulder, elbow, just below wrist) for all bowlers at all times for a fixed period? Isn't it as simple as that or am I missing something?

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I don't want to start a debate on the legitimacy of Ajmal's bowling action. Since, the ICC has allowed him to participate in tests, for all intents and purposes, I'd treat both Swann and Ajmal as test bowlers.

Talking purely about their bowling merit, I think it's a very close call. Maybe, the Pakistani ahead by a whisker because he has more in his repertoire. Even with an inferior pace battery to support him, he has managed to produce match-winning performances. Man-to-man, I think Ajmal would outbowl Swann on 6 out of 10 occasions.