• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Athlai

Not Terrible
By the way, does anyone know what this drawn series does for NZ's test ranking? I'm guessing it adds a couple of points but no more. To catch up we really need to beat the West Indies when we tour there next year.
England 125
India 118
South Africa 116
Australia 103
Sri Lanka 99
Pakistan 98
West Indies 88
NZ 83
Bangladesh 9
Zimbabwe not enough matches to register

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Need to beat the Windies (which doesn't look that easy at present)... and then our next best chance might be next time we play Sri Lanka at home if they continue on their current downward slide.

Howe_zat

Audio File
By the way, does anyone know what this drawn series does for NZ's test ranking? I'm guessing it adds a couple of points but no more. To catch up we really need to beat the West Indies when we tour there next year.
Oddly it seems to have ****ed Australia over more than it's helped NZ.

BeeGee

International Captain
Was just really, really good professional Test bowling.
Yep.

I know it's early days, but the most impressive aspect of Bracewell's bowling has been his ability to take a bag of wickets in the fourth innings of a test match. That has always been a huge problem for NZ. How many times in the last 20 years has NZ been in a position to win a game in the final innings, only to find our bowlers to be incapable of taking 10 wickets?

Bracewell has bowled us to victory twice in three test matches. Encouraging signs.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah how funny was it, he was trying to tell them the last time NZ won a test in Aus was in Perth (and it was) but all the idiots could remember from that series was the 1st test. FAIL.
It actually continually amazes me how little the commentators in Australia know about anything going on recently or historically outside the borders of their own country. It's actually embarrasing. I exclude Chappell, Taylor to an extent but the rest are laughable. I think fortunately for them, their main viewing public is exactly the same.

Most teams have a spinner as their fourth innings destroyer, we have Dougy. And we'll need him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would actually say Bracewell's a lot more advanced in terms of his development at his age than Bresnan was. In bowling anyway.

Bresnan now looks an accomplished performer, but he is (IIRC) 26 and it wasn't so very long ago that most non-French CW posters would spontaneously vomit at just the suggestion of his inclusion in the test side.