• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashraful complains about not getting enough chances

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Has to be kidding surely?:laugh:

Has been given so many chances just based on potential and the hype he had early on, while he keeps having brain farts after brain farts while batting for them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Maybe he could try not constantly underperforming for 10 years. Frankly, he's been lucky to have as many chances as he's had.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Surely there must be a place for Ashraful in the side. Apart from Tamim and Shakib, other players are not exactly world beaters.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Posted by SpartaArmy on (October 20 2011, 17:45 PM GMT)

Dude! do you know there is a site called cricinfo where in you can check the stats of cricket players. Go and type Mohammad Ashraful (your name) and look at the AVG column; then you will know whether your board has given you enough chances or not. How come players like these still play at international level. He dosnt deserve to play for club cricket in his countrhy
:thumbsup:

ganeshran

International Debutant
Almost all of BD batsmen average in 20s. The two world class players are Tamim and Shakib - the rest of the squad is mostly average.

So why not Ashraful in the Squad,

ganeshran

International Debutant
Is this ODI stats - why aren't you quoting test match stats.
Test list is similar as well. Tamim , Mahumudullah and Shakib average in the 30s. All others are in high 25 and above while Ashraful is around 23.

I am not saying that Ashraful is a great Test or ODI player, but that for him to be dropped there must be someone else better than him to take his place. In the current BD side, I dont see anyone that good who needs to be left out for Ashraful to be included.

Jacknife

International Captain
Well he's had literally hundreds of cracks at it and proved he's poor, for Bangladesh it's got to be about finding a young players who can take their chance, instead of rolling Ashrful out again and again.

Redbacks

International Captain
I am not saying that Ashraful is a great Test or ODI player, but that for him to be dropped there must be someone else better than him to take his place. In the current BD side, I dont see anyone that good who needs to be left out for Ashraful to be included.
I'd say with such a poor average you would take anyone with an (average + years younger) that is better than his. He has little potential upside whereas a younger player has some at least.

cnerd123

likes this
Nafees, Kayes, Siddique, Tamim, Shakib, Mahmadullah, Rahim, Raqibul Hasan and even Naeem Islam of late have all showed they value their wicket more than Ashraful.

Oh, and Nasir Hossain.