• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Two international bowlers and batsmen against whom you would love to play.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
If given a chances, which are the two international cricket bowlers whom you would dream to bat against and two batsmen, whom you would love to bowl at.

I would like to play the bowling of Shane Warne and Andrew Caddick.

And bowling to Sir Vivian Richards and Yusuf Pathan would be just awesome.

Xuhaib

International Coach
bowl to Chris Martin and bat against Rahul Dravid then boast to my friends that i competed strong against Martin and Dravid at cricket

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would choose to bowl to Bhagwat Chandrasekhar and Chris Martin

.. and bat against Alistair Cook and Matt Prior

.. and I'd probably still be made to look foolish

bagapath

International Captain
amongst those i have watched, i would love to bowl to gavaskar and richards and bat against imran and garner.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd like to face Murali and Warne. If I belted any ball in the nets against those guys I'd feel like a million bucks. Also less chance I'd die.

I'd like to bowl to probably Chris Gayle and Viv Richards. See who could hit me further for six.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Would bowl to Bradman and Martin. Reckon Marto would be an acceptable bat against lower standard bowling. Would love to bat against Murali and Malinga, sorely tempted to say Thomson or Tait though.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I shall love to bowl to Geoff Boycott and Sunil Gavaskar, and love to bat against Muralitharan and Warne.

I enjoy bowling to defensive batsmen and batting against spinners. And these 4 are the best 2*2 in each department that I've seen.

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Enjoy straight up-and-down pace coming on to the bat, so would like to face Pat Patterson and Mohammad Sami. And if they break my jaw or ribs, I can wear the badge of honour proudly for the rest of my life :goof:

As for bowling, I bowled to Dravid once in the nets when he was in the form of his life. Straightest of bats and a magnificent sight, even while defending. Would love to bowl to him again and also to that perfect batting prototype, Len Hutton.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
amongst those i have watched, i would love to bowl to gavaskar and richards and bat against imran and garner.
would have warne instead of Garner otherwise would like to bowl to Viv and Gavaskar and bat against Imran and Warne.

Didn't Gavaskar say "Imran Khan running in to bowl is a sight for gods"

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Courtney Walsh looked so weird with the bat,as if he is forced
to bat even though he doesn't want to.