• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Modern Era Draft - Voting Thread

Who drafted the best team?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
Please vote for your top three.
Code:
[U]Himmanv's XI[/U][/B]

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Chris Gayle
3. Jonathan Trott
4. Michael Clarke*
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq
6. Mike Hussey
7. Alec Stewart+
8. Angus Fraser
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Dale Steyn
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

12: Andy Caddick

[B][U]Blakus & Prince EWS' XI
[/U][/B]
1. Saaed Anwar
2. Michael Slater
3. Hashim Amla
4. Jacques Kallis
5. Mahela Jayawardene*
6. Thilan Samaraweera
7. Chris Cairns
8. Ian Healy+
9. Anil Kumble
10. Stuart Clark
11. Alan Donald

12. Jonty Rhodes

[U][B]
Zaremba's XI[/B][/U]

1. Graham Gooch
2. Marcus Trescothick
3. Brian Lara
4. Mark Waugh
5. Andy Flower+*
6. Herchelle Gibbs
7. Andrew Symonds
8. Andrew Flintoff
9. Daniel Vettori
10. Shane Bond
11. Glenn McGrath

12. Heath Streak

[B][U]Centurymaker's XI
[/U][/B]
1. Gary Kirsten 
2. Younis Khan
3. Ian Bell
4. Mohammed Azharuddin
5. Daryll Cullinan
6. AB De Villiers+
7. Shaun Pollock
8. Wasim Akram
9. Jason Gillespie
10. Saqlain Mustaq
11. Shoaib Akhtar 

12. Saleem Malik

[B][U]weeman27bob's XI[/U][/B]

1. Alastair Cook
2. Tilikaratne Dilshan
3. Kumar Sangakkara+*
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Jesse Ryder
6. Shivnaraine Chanderpaul
7. Shane Watson
8. Graeme Swann
9. Morne Morkel
10. Fanie De Villiers
11. Courtney Walsh

12. Angelo Mathews.

[B][U]GingerFurball's XI
[/U][/B]
1. Verinder Sehwag
2. Justin Langer
3. Darren Lehmann
4. Damien Martyn
5. VVS Laxman
6. Graham Thorpe
7. Matt Prior+
8. Stuart Broad
9. Curtley Ambrose
10. Mohammad Asif
11. Stuart MacGill

12. Makhaya Ntini

[B][U]Howe_zat's XI
[/U][/B]
1. Sanath Jayasuria
2. Mark Taylor
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Mohammed Yousuf
5. Steve Waugh*
6. Simon Katich
7. Adam Gilchrist+
8. Chaminda Vaas
9. Brett Lee
10. Darren Gough 
11. Mushtaq Ahmed

12. Tim Bresnan

[B][U]Pothas' XI
[/U][/B]
1.Gautam Gambhir
2.Graeme Smith
3.Rahul Dravid 
4.Martin Crowe*
5.Kevin Pietersen 
6.Aravinda de Silva 
7.Brad Haddin +
8.Shane Warne
9.James Anderson 
10.Ian Bishop 
11.Waqar Younis

12.Brian Mcmillan

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Lot of good teams there but will vote for Pothas. His team stands out a bit from the rest. Good job by him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I wonder why you'd say that *cough* vettori *cough* bond *ahem*

:ph34r:
It really wasn't, Vettori in particular is pretty meh in that lineup. McGrath + Lara + Flower makes a heck of a foundation to any team and it is rounded out quite nicely.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pothas has the best bowling attack for me, but honourable mentions to Zaremba and Furball - can't split 'em for second

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really wasn't, Vettori in particular is pretty meh in that lineup. McGrath + Lara + Flower makes a heck of a foundation to any team and it is rounded out quite nicely.
Boring.

Voted for Pothas and Himanv on the basis of their bowling attacks, as well as the fact that they have Dravid and Steyn respectively. :ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Couldn't split Pothas, Zaremba and Himmanv. Pothas has the best bowling attack, Himmanv has probably the strongest middle order with Murali to bowl, but Zaremba has the best balanced side and I think I'd want to watch that side the most too.

Random thought: Zaremba's XI would also kick everyone else's to kingdom come if this were an ODI draft.

Other awards:

Best opening pair - GingerFurball
Best batting depth - Zaremba
Best bowling depth - weeman27bob
Most Players Out of Position - centurymaker
Best 12th Man - Howe_zat

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Pothas clearly has the best team. But I wanted to vote for more than one team, so voted for GingerFurball too.

Joao

U19 12th Man
I voted Pothas 1st, and Zaremba 2nd as I thought of them in that order but then when I realised Zaremba could drop dead-weight Symonds for Streak and Shuffle Vettori and Flintoff up I decided that was my favourite.

Zaremba for me.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Good sides most of 'em. Himmanv and Pothas have two excellent sides (esp. the bowling is killer) and are my top two.

The Gilchrist factor and a very powerful middle order makes me choose Howe_zat as the third contender.

Honourable mention to Zaremba's team which looks like a fantastic outfit, except for the fact that the batsmen below Flower are not the most reliable. It's possibly the best ODI unit of all the teams listed though.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Blakus / Pews came up with an awesome side despite being about 5 rounds behind due to Pews honouring his civic duty. They get my vote.

I do like my squad though! Only the 2nd draft I've done. Have loved them both.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Blakus / Pews came up with an awesome side despite being about 5 rounds behind due to Pews honouring his civic duty. They get my vote.

I do like my squad though! I should explain that Symonds and Gibbs owed their selection largely to their fielding skills.

Only the 2nd draft I've done. Have loved them both.

Joao

U19 12th Man
I do like my squad though! I should explain that Symonds and Gibbs owed their selection largely to their fielding skills.
I still reckon you should can Symonds for Streak. Symonds was amazingly lucky to score the test runs he did and against the sort of quality in this draft I don't reckon he'd score too many more than Streak anyway and obviously as a Bowler Streak >>>>>>> Symonds. Symonds would be a damn fine 12th man though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Himanv's bowling attack contained some players I have a penchant for so give him the nod on personal bias.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pothas and Himanv had the best teams for my money. If Himanv just changes Inzaman and Clarke around in the batting order I might have actually voted for him.