• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umar accuses Anderson of ball tampering

Xuhaib

International Coach
In an exclusive interview Here.

Seems like Pakistani cricketers have problems keeping their mouth shut, give proof or GTFO.

erghhh.. can one of the mods sort the thread title.

thanks.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Cook is our polisher designate, so if anything untoward was happening he'd be the natural suspect.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Heh.

Based on absolutely nothing whatsoever, given that Gul must have seen it happening on TV. The Stuart Broad bit is particularly amusing. That's as bollocks now as it was at the time.

Personally, I think you should get away with whatever you can get away with, considering that using a tampered ball is one hell of a skill to get right. Umar should know.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't be shocked if >50% of bowlers do it. Obviously as a spectator I have nfi, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
People need help

Anderson - Ball Tampering? - YouTube

And by the way, Umar Gul was not saying it as an accusation, he said it in a different context.

Umar Gul on whether Shoaib Akhtar's claims adversely affect Pakistani cricket
"Quite a few bowlers are still doing it – during our series against England last year I saw [James] Anderson was doing it. Against Australia, when they [England] won the Ashes, everyone saw Broad use his shoe to scratch the ball. Every bowler does it. In my opinion, Shoaib bhai may also have done it – of course if he says so then he would have done it, but there are many methods of ball tampering. One is the illegal method, where it's done with the nail or something else, that's illegal. Nowadays, however many players throw the ball from the boundary onto the squares which are dry, the ball can be scratched by this, and in my opinion this has been made legal."

Umar Gul and his views on the legalisation of ball-tampering
"No, we shouldn't legalise it. Cricket is it's own fun, and whatever advances are being made in cricket are eroding the enjoyment. Like the two balls in one-day cricket. I think if they leave cricket as it is now it will be better. It is an art, to see which bowler can reverse swing or not but we shouldn't legalise this [ball tampering]."

PS: anybody who understands Urdu/Hindi should be able to understand what he actually wanted to say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D8PJjYhAek&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

If Gul reckons Anderson was ball tampering last summer why not mention it then when something could and should have been done about it had the allegation been correct.

Gul will be in court soon me thinks as with no evidence to back it up he has just shouted his mouth off in the same way Botham and Lamb did all those years ago when they lost in court.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
If Gul reckons Anderson was ball tampering last summer why not mention it then when something could and should have been done about it had the allegation been correct.

Gul will be in court soon me thinks as with no evidence to back it up he has just shouted his mouth off in the same way Botham and Lamb did all those years ago when they lost in court.
Watch the video btw, and see what AB devilliers said.
Exactly the same words but in English and in a more censored way.

flibbertyjibber

Watch the video btw, and see what AB devilliers said.
Exactly the same words but in English and in a more censored way.
Well if Gul says he saw it last summer why not report it then?

That is all i am saying. **** and fan springs to mind.

If Anderson or any England player is doing it i would be happy to see them get banned. Not going to happen though unless players report it at the time. The SA incident looks bad but they were cleared by the authorities, not a lot you can do if they get cleared.

centurymaker

International Captain
wait he got away with that without even a warning?
if a player from an asian team did this then they would have a big deal out it labeling the whole team cheats etc, if a british guy stamps on the ball or scratches it then its not counted as ball tampering?
awta.

ball tampering isn't a big deal tbh.

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Well if Gul says he saw it last summer why not report it then?

That is all i am saying. **** and fan springs to mind.

If Anderson or any England player is doing it i would be happy to see them get banned. Not going to happen though unless players report it at the time. The SA incident looks bad but they were cleared by the authorities, not a lot you can do if they get cleared.
You think Pakistan was in less trouble last summer? No wonder he and he his teammates never reported the incident.
and it really doesnt matter when you cant reverse swing like Waqar and Umar Gul.

When you win you stay happy.
When you lose you whine.
When you are in a controversy you just "Shut up".

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
No they didn't, that "incident" happened in South Africa.
You are an Indian I think. Listen to the video, you will understand.
Oh and that is a reporting mistake, some silly mistakes in translating that to English.
There should be a full stop there.
Umar Gul was asked a Question and he was giving examples, and there was no 'series' which he was talking about.

Daemon

You are an Indian I think. Listen to the video, you will understand.
Oh and that is a reporting mistake, some silly mistakes in translating that to English.
There should be a full stop there.
Umar Gul was asked a Question and he was giving examples, and there was no 'series' which he was talking about.
:ph34r: