• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umar accuses Anderson of ball tampering

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Make ball tampering legal as long as the thing resembles a relative sphere or whatever geometrical object a cricket ball is. May the best adulterer win.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
are they not allowed to do that?

:blink:

initially i thought he might've scratched the ball or something but then i honestly found nothing wrong with what he did...

also it was a brand new ball...
This.

Players Put Mud on their hands all the time, and rub it on the ball. It isn't obvious as that, but is almost the same effect.

Also many teams roll the ball on the ground instead of throwing it to the keeper,or the bowler to get it to reverse.

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Look people you need to understand Umar Guls statement.

He said that there are several ways of Ball tampering, one is the legal on which no action is taken the other is illegal and bowlers still tend to use both methods i.e who have admitted.

One is the illegal method, where it's done with the nail or something else, that's illegal. Nowadays, however many players throw the ball from the boundary onto the squares which are dry, the ball can be scratched by this, and in my opinion this has been made legal."

Gul further added in the statement “I was explaining that the ball gets scratched when it is thrown against the rough surface or hits the advertisement boards along the boundary rope. In this manner, I said, every bowler can be accused of doing it.”
He never specifically mentioned Anderson SCRATCHING the ball, he said he tampered it and since he had already mentioned 'two ways' of tampering - one being the illegal, the other legal i.e throwing the ball one bounce etc, He never accused Anderson.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Players Put Mud on their hands all the time, and rub it on the ball. Obviously,isn't obvious as that but is almost the same effect.
Yep, precisely. It's Mike Atherton's dirt in the pocket, except for the location of the dirt and the fact that Amir didn't (so far as I've heard) lie about it. Whether or not it's legal or illegal is a grey area.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
As far for the Amir video, I do not really think that is tampering.
I have seen many many players (Local, Pakistani.) do it, they feel more comfortable and usually do so to get a better grip.
I have seen players rub their palms on dirt as well.

and he probably didn't know even if it is ball tampering.

PS: Yes ICC doesnt know really care. You think Afridi should have been let away had it been a big issue?

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Lol. If it makes you feel better to be a YouTube style fan boy who thinks his team's "honor" must be defended at all cost no matter what, then be my guest. Go ahead and wave your pom-poms at every opportunity to build up a false sense of pride. I guess I'm mature enough to realize that patriotism doesn't mean "no criticism EVER". Like I said before, I hope you grow up soon.
Hi Mr."Lol" mature guy.

If it makes you feel better to be a TV channel style critic who thinks his team should have fart bombs thrown at it no matter what,then by my guest.You're not mature.You're just one of those self proclaimed "realists" and "mature people" who are the first ones to throw crap at their own side because they believe in "constructive criticism",the first ones to believe every piece of rubbish that gets thrown around by other self proclaimed mature people like yourself.Patriotism doesn't mean no criticism ever,but it doesn't mean only criticism EVER.

I'll grow up.but i suggest you grow down.You're wasting precious oxygen.

Flem274*

123/5
Salman, your posting last night across several threads was terrible. You've committed several offences and they are currently under review. In the meantime, I suggest you lift your game. I know you can post well, so start doing it.