• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umar accuses Anderson of ball tampering

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
If he has proof then i don't see why not. As it stands he is making an unfounded accusation a year after the event.
Well he has his eyewitness account, now it all depends what he saw, because even if it can't be proved the revelation will be damaging to England, other teams will be watching them, I don't think anderson will do anything about this as he knows it will hurt him one way or another.

Jacknife

International Captain
A bowler whose country has the best history in this kind of stuff, in fact has one under his own belt is bringing this up now that Anderson is being so highly hyped about and has a series due against them pretty soon.

Just wants media attention and start a controversy.
Pretty much how I see it, it's funny out of all the bowlers around the world he mentions 2 English, the Broad one is serious LOL and is as ridiculous now as it was 2 years ago in SA not Australia as he says. He could very well find himself in court off the back off this and knowing how the ECB work.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
:laugh:

Hilarious stuff I think one of these days Xuhaib is going to start supporting another team.That will be one happy day.

And er No.He won't find himself in court.It's like one of the millions accusations made the world over.Did Vettori find himself in court?No he didnt.It's alright to throw mud at Pakistani players for tampering,but if one of them does it at another player let's get all legal and righteous.Absolute Bull.

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Gul Clarifies

[READ PLEASE]
“Having seen the video of my comments, I can see how my comments may have been misconstrued with respect to ball tampering.”

Gul added “Talking to the media after the semi final of Faysal Bank Twenty20 tournament being played at National Stadium Karachi, I was asked to respond generally to Shoaib Akhtar's recently made statement on ball tampering. I clarified that the term ball tampering is often misused.”

Gul further added in the statement “I was explaining that the ball gets scratched when it is thrown against the rough surface or hits the advertisement boards along the boundary rope. In this manner, I said, every bowler can be accused of doing it.”

Gul also confirmed his belief that, despite calls from numerous former cricketers, ball tampering should never be legalised through formal incorporation into the Laws of Cricket “I further stated that ball-tempering should not be legalised as swinging the ball in reverse is an art and cannot be done only by tampering with the ball. This art should be respected I said. The names I mentioned were in the same context and at no point did I try to accuse any individual bowler of ball tampering.”

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Hilarious stuff I think one of these days Xuhaib is going to start supporting another team.That will be one happy day.

And er No.He won't find himself in court.It's like one of the millions accusations made the world over.Did Vettori find himself in court?No he didnt.It's alright to throw mud at Pakistani players for tampering,but if one of them does it at another player let's get all legal and righteous.Absolute Bull.
Vettori didn't accuse them of ball tampering.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain

The more I read your posts, the more I like them. the bold comment was hilarious.
Funny that this thread was started by a Pakistani, no wonder Pakistanis are known for leg-pulling.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
The more I read your posts, the more I like them. the bold comment was hilarious.
Funny that this thread was started by a Pakistani, no wonder Pakistanis are known for leg-pulling.
I know.We have a very loyal bunch of Pakistani supporters here.The first ones to throw crap at their own team,and the last ones to defend them as if every accusation they read in the media is based on hardcore facts 8-)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Really Gingerfurball?

Umer Gul Blamed For Ball Tampering - YouTube

Ball tampered? No evidence: Madugalle: Cricketnext

If you're going to get into technicalities over the wording Vettori used,that's another issue.But to suggest that he did not accuse Gul of balltampering is silly.
Yes, really. Do you have any actual quotes from.Vettori, or a typical biased victim mentality subcontinental news outlet?

Vettori went to the umpires after the match because Umar Gul got the ball to reverse when no-one else managed to swing the ball all tournament. He had every right to.suspect foul play. The umpires assured him that nothing untoward had happened, and that was the end of the matter.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yes, really. Do you have any actual quotes from.Vettori, or a typical biased victim mentality subcontinental news outlet?

Vettori went to the umpires after the match because Umar Gul got the ball to reverse when no-one else managed to swing the ball all tournament. He had every right to.suspect foul play. The umpires assured him that nothing untoward had happened, and that was the end of the matter.

Now if only it was the English bowlers it must have been Troy Cooley's s and Simon Jones's hard work I suppose and 8-)

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
I know.We have a very loyal bunch of Pakistani supporters here.The first ones to throw crap at their own team,and the last ones to defend them as if every accusation they read in the media is based on hardcore facts 8-)
Oh yes, let's gloss over any wrong statement or action made by a Pakistani. Because obviously being "loyal" means that you must never utter a bad word against your players and defend them even when they commit the indefensible. 8-) Grow up.

Jacknife

International Captain
What a surprise, a bit of back tracking has been done by Gul, still don't understand why of all the players he could have spoke about, it's two English players, imo it's got a bit of a agenda behind it.
Should add a bit of spice to the bad blood that already exists between the 2 teams when they meet in a couple of months.

salman85

International Debutant
Actually the source i quoted is an Indian Channel,so there goes the victim mentality news channel bit.It's not a quote from a Pakistani source.

Like i said,you're getting into technicalities.Vettori accused Gul of ball tampering.And nothing was found of it.That was the end of the matter.

Whether he spoke to the media or the match referee first is not the important.What's important is that he did make the accusation,and didn't just inquire with the match referee matter of factly.You're the first person i've come across who says that Vettori didn't 'accuse' anyone.

Also,if he has every right to suspect foul play because Gul swinged the ball so much,then maybe every other ball tampering allegation made the world over gives the accuser the right to suspect the bowler too.Why are we having a go at Gul then?

salman85

International Debutant
Oh yes, let's gloss over any wrong statement or action made by a Pakistani. Because obviously being "loyal" means that you must never utter a bad word against your players and defend them even when they commit the indefensible. 8-) Grow up.
Oh yes.Let's gloss over any statement or action made on a Pakistani. Because obviously being "rational" means that you should must always utter a bad word against your players and be the first ones to strip them down because they always commit the indefensible.How dare Gul accuse a player of ball tampering,how dare Shoaib Akhtar say he felt Tendulkar was scared of him in one series but acknowledge his greatness nevertheless 8-) Grow Up.

Fusion

Global Moderator

So he went to the umpires to accuse Gul of tempering right? His statements after the game also left little doubt that he thought Gul tempered. Everyone knows what he was implying, please don't try to pretend otherwise.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Oh yes.Let's gloss over any statement or action made on a Pakistani. Because obviously being "rational" means that you should must always utter a bad word against your players and be the first ones to strip them down because they always commit the indefensible.How dare Gul accuse a player of ball tampering,how dare Shoaib Akhtar say he felt Tendulkar was scared of him in one series but acknowledge his greatness nevertheless 8-) Grow Up.
Lol. If it makes you feel better to be a YouTube style fan boy who thinks his team's "honor" must be defended at all cost no matter what, then be my guest. Go ahead and wave your pom-poms at every opportunity to build up a false sense of pride. I guess I'm mature enough to realize that patriotism doesn't mean "no criticism EVER". Like I said before, I hope you grow up soon.