• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umar accuses Anderson of ball tampering

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Well, the picture perhaps? cant find the joke in there perhaps.
Just an impression.
PS: What went wrong :ph34r:, is he an aussie?

Flem274*

123/5
I seem to recall television cameras catching Umar Gul giving the ball a little scratch in the Pakistan/New Zealand series. I distinctly remember Simon Doull saying he was a legend for doing it.

Well, the picture perhaps? cant find the joke in there perhaps.
Just an impression.
PS: What went wrong :ph34r:, is he an aussie?
He's Scottish.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't be shocked if >50% of bowlers do it. Obviously as a spectator I have nfi, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Wait he got away with that without even a warning?
Still amazed that he got away. That footage is pretty much undeniable.
Awta.

Won't be surprised at all if everybody does it, but seeing as he was caught on footage pretty surprised he got away with it . Nothing major though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah nothing major but I still find it odd that there was absolutely nothing done since it's is quite clearly against the rules.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ball tampering isn't a big deal IMO but if we're going down this route then I urge you guys to search for Mohammad Amir ball tampering on YouTube and watch that.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
if a player from an asian team did this then they would have a big deal out it labeling the whole team cheats etc, if a british guy stamps on the ball or scratches it then its not counted as ball tampering?
Take the pathetic persecution complex some place else, to where it belongs like YouTube or Pakpassion.

If a player from an Asian did it? Pretty much every time since the early 90s (and perhaps before then as well, but I'm going from personal memory) that Pakistan have toured here they've been caught doing it on camera, then it gets swept under the carpet with zero punishment. It's only the tabloids that take any real interest.

Last edited:

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
He has saying he saw it with his eyes, what reason would he have to lie?

And if the only way to get reverse swing is from ball tampering then England too are guilty.

It's funny, when Pakistan were kicking England's behind in the 90's that's why they made the fuss about tampering.

Now they do it themselves.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I am surprised nothing was done about the Cape Town incident. Probably just as well that Smith and co smacked it all round the park or else England could have been in trouble.

Ball tampering is a funny thing because people don't really care about it. The authorities in this match did nothing. Imran Kahn admitted to ball tampering yet people still consider him an all time great despite the fact that he was technically cheating. Even with the Pakistan incident in 2006 they didn't really care (5 run penalty) Pakistan just blew it out of proportion.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Take the pathetic persecution complex some place else, to where it belongs like YouTube or Pakpassion.

If a player from an Asian did it? Pretty much every time since the early 90s (and perhaps before then as well, but I'm going from personal memory) that Pakistan have toured here they've been caught doing it on camera, then it gets swept under the carpet with zero punishment. It's only the tabloids that take any real interest.
But Darrell Hair did punish (without proof). :wacko:

Gul was seen to be scratching in NZ. So silly stuff from Gul, especially considering that he doesn't have any proof. He needs to keep his mouth shut. In the world cup he got smashed by Sehwag after he boasted on TV that he would sort India out. :laugh:

Pakistan isn't the only one to get accused. Didn't the Aussies complain about Murrey Mints :laugh:

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Ask Darrel hair, evidence is not important.

Gul was just being candid, I trust him because he has no motivation to lie and he knows more about reverse swing than any current player.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
So why not mention it at the time instead of being a moaning little ***** over 12 months later?
So the problem is that he is exposing it, not the stunning hypocrisy of the English??lol.

For the record he wasn't moaning, he was speaking candidly about shoaibs bio and ball tampering in general, he cited Anderson as a specific case.

Do you think there should be retrospective punishment??

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So the problem is that he is exposing it, not the stunning hypocrisy of the English??lol.

For the record he wasn't moaning, he was speaking candidly about shoaibs bio and ball tampering in general, he cited Anderson as a specific case.

Do you think there should be retrospective punishment??
If he has proof then i don't see why not. As it stands he is making an unfounded accusation a year after the event.

BlazeDragon

Banned
A bowler whose country has the best history in this kind of stuff, in fact has one under his own belt is bringing this up now that Anderson is being so highly hyped about and has a series due against them pretty soon.

Just wants media attention and start a controversy.