• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2011-12

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KFC BIG BASH LEAGUE IS HERE. CHOOSE YOUR TEAM. MEET THE PLAYERS. ROCK 'N' ROLL CRICKET. CHRIS GAYLE. 666666666666

Also discuss The Sheffield Shield, OD comp and Futures League here. Which btw is almost back to being a 2nd XI comp.

NSW 2nd XI killed QLD: Queensland U23s vs New South Wales U23s - Match 2 2011/12 Futures League Allan Border Field, Brisbane

Deets on Lalor and McLean anyone?

And Tassie 2nd XI killed Vic: Victoria U23s vs Tasmania U23s - Match 1 2011/12 Futures League John Blanck Oval, Buderim

Jackson Bird with 9 wickets.

Spikey

You just mad 'cause i got in first.

So deets on Lalor and McLean? I know someone, probably PEWS, wrote off J. Bird doing anything worthwhile in the Shield.

DO YOU LIKE BIG HITTING? CLICK HERE http://www.bigbash.com.au/

Spikey

Cheating a bit by playing Faulkner tbh. But yeah looks they've got good depth. Although I don't see them being affected by Australia selections so it might not be that much use

benchmark00

Cheating a bit by playing Faulkner tbh. But yeah looks they've got good depth. Although I don't see them being affected by Australia selections so it might not be that much use
We got Jaques though boi.

Good to see Zampa get a few runs, but disappointed at his bowling return.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What genius at Cricket Australia thought that scheduling the Big Bash so that it clashes with the Border-Gavaskar series, thus a) depriving the BB teams of the big name Australian players and b) giving the BBL some serious competition in terms of what cricket people will want to watch and talk about, was a good idea?

Spikey

Yeah but that might not be Jaques' last match there. With Warner now gone for the first two matches he's def got a spot to start the season off. But during the home ODers Usman, Warner and Hughes should be free to play with us along with Kat and Maddinson so if Jaques doesn't fire he could be in trouble. Still he had a good end to last season.

Spikey

What genius at Cricket Australia thought that scheduling the Big Bash so that it clashes with the Border-Gavaskar series, thus a) depriving the BB teams of the big name Australian players and b) giving the BBL some serious competition in terms of what cricket people will want to watch and talk about, was a good idea?
well I'll give you some background info. We pretty much can't fixture anything for before October or after about middle March. So things are already pretty tight. So this led to in previous seasons the BigBash being played in the holiday period. 'Cause a) we couldn't really fit it anywhere else and b) cause it's the holiday period. It's good for crowds.

But the problem is, it's a rule that the tests must be centred around Boxing Day-New Years. This conflict has been going on since the BigBash started. It's just a bit more high profile now. And will forever exist as long as the BBL is alive.

Why we've gone against the norm of Sydney being the last test I don't know though. We did it last time against India too

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
well I'll give you some background info. We pretty much can't fixture anything for before October or after about middle March. So things are already pretty tight. So this led to in previous seasons the BigBash being played in the holiday period. 'Cause a) we couldn't really fit it anywhere else and b) cause it's the holiday period. It's good for crowds.

But the problem is, it's a rule that the tests must be centred around Boxing Day-New Years. This conflict has been going on since the BigBash started. It's just a bit more high profile now. And will forever exist as long as the BBL is alive.

Why we've gone against the norm of Sydney being the last test I don't know though. We did it last time against India too
Yeah I get that, it just beggars belief that if you're trying to copy the IPL with your own city based franchise league, and given the money and effort Cricket Australia have spent on the concept, that you'd handicap yourself in this way. It seems that they've just tried to copy the IPL without any understanding of why the IPL has been the success it's been.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know someone, probably PEWS, wrote off J. Bird doing anything worthwhile in the Shield.
Nah, Bird strikes me as being quite similar to Adam Maher, who has had great success in the Shield so far (on greentops :ph34r:). Admittedly I've only seen Bird bowl a handful of times but it wouldn't shock me if he ended up a serviceable Shield bowler. Don't really rate his chances too much in limited overs cricket though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Played a lot of cricket with/against Jackson Bird, and I've always really rated him. He gets good bounce, he's quick enough and can get some movement. Reckon he's a good pick up for Tassie, can do a pretty decent job for them if required.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He would be handy in any state squad,and his mediums are more than useful.
His mediums are pies. He's actually converted to left arm spin - more pies. He'd probably be a good addition to Queensland's top order in the Shield but it won't happen for the reasons Jack outlined.