• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW 10 year anniversary awards

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Next month sees the 10th anniversary of the website so we will be running a number of different articles and features etc. to celebrate this achievement.

One of the suggestions that has come to mind is to bring back the awards for a 10 year anniversary special.

This is where I need people's help though as I can't remember every single post in history so I need nominations please.

Posts can have been made by any person at any time (although obviously predictions need to have been made before the game)

There are going to be the following categories:

Cricket Chat:
Best post
Best thread
Funniest poster
Funniest post
Most knowledgeable poster
Best prediction
Worst prediction
Best debate
Lifetime achievement award(s)

In addition, for the first time ever, I'm going to open up some the following awards

Off Topic / General Sports:
Best post
Best thread
Funniest poster
Funniest post
Best prediction (non-cricket)
Worst prediction (non-cricket)
Most bizarre post
Best debate
Lifetime achievement award(s)

As I said, I need people to help me by digging into the archives and email me with nominations.

For individual posts I need a link to the post (and if a prediction a link to the final result) - for poster awards, please send me a bit of information as to why you think the person deserves the nomination (and possibly a few links as to examples of that)

If possible I'd like submissions by end of next week please.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst prediction

That Hilf v Anderson post re 2010-11 ashes that is in someone's sig ftr

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gonna find it hard to split any of the "Tendulkar vs ....." threads for either Best Thread or Best Debate.

I think they should receive joint Gold Logies.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Worst prediction
Anyway, Bresnan is hardly ancient - he's less than a year older than me FFS - but he's not all that good and is highly unlikely ever to be. Yet another player to add to the "should never have been anywhere near Test cricket" list of England Test cricketers.
Umm...