• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict Ricky Ponting's test future.

What will Ponting's final test average be?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really enjoy rooting for the post-deitic Ponting, despite never really being a huge fan when he was a run machine. I've always been a bit of a sucker for ageing former champions in general though; I reckon we cast players aside a little too quickly if they have form slumps (which is all they are sometimes) after a certain age. Even I was beginning to start doubting Ponting (although I wouldn't have dropped him with Watson still out) so it was good to see him pull through; hopefully he keeps it up for a while yet.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
His recent performances have probably earned him the right to decide when to call it a day as opposed to being tapped on the shoulder - although I'm assuming that we're not going to get 2 years of non performances from Ponting.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching the highlights last night, and for the first time in ages and ages, he looked like he enjoyed playing cricket. The smile when he got to 100 wasn't the tight lipped grin, was a genuine enjoyment.

He looked 25 again.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Watching the highlights last night, and for the first time in ages and ages, he looked like he enjoyed playing cricket. The smile when he got to 100 wasn't the tight lipped grin, was a genuine enjoyment.

He looked 25 again.
Yeah, having watched that it wouldn't suprise me at all to see a wee renaissance from Ponting - I don't doubt for a second that he's put himself under enormous pressure for the last 2 years - who knows, maybe he'll be able to play with a bit more freedom having given his critics a bit of a "**** you" with his hundred and just enjoy his cricket?