• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imran Farhat's Technique

Bouncer

State Regular
I remember watching imran farhat on his debute...he seemed to have alot of time for his shots...but most of his strokes were off the back foot...i watched the earlier part of innings ..and he was patient but flurted with odd ball out side off stump and missed the ball coz of his lack of footwork..eventuallly he got out coz of lack of footwork.
he reminded me of another player, Sadagopan Ramesh....who looked awsome against wasim waqar, shaoib in his first series...blayed breath taking strokes...but when bowlers figured out the way to ball at him...he is just not half as good a player as in his first series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Very few players have no obvious faults. Even the great SRT had a problem with Pedro Collins' in-duckers not so long ago.
Some players will score a hell of a lot of runs before their technical faults dislodge them. If someone is continually getting out cheaply we can start worrying about them, but while someone's scoring runs technical faults, frankly, take a back seat.
Don't get me wrong, they're still there and if you're constantly getting out cheaply because of them, they come back to the fore, but while runs are flowing - no need to worry.