• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Resumption of Pakistan India cricket

Bouncer

State Regular
what do u guys think of it...i personally still have doubts about it....i dont think Indians would like to face Pakistan in this form....Going by the history...whenever they resume the sporting ties Indian board (in their minds) planned it perfectly....in 1977-78 they resumed cricketing ties with Pakistan after 17 yrs...when about 5-7 of pakistani starts were playing for Kary Packer world series..and it was thought that PCB would not let them play in International cricket again, but due to the public demand, they were played and out classed india....In 1998 the Indian Board offored the series after...Pakistan camp was in serious trouble and Pak had lost a test and ODI series to both AUS and Zim. What indians dont know that every time Pakistani team is in trouble there is only one thing that guarntees their back to form is playing with India....

On the optimistic note i would love for that series to go on...nothing beats Pak-India cricket...and i can claim this on an Aussie form.... the excitement, involvement of supporters...passion of palyers....the ability of specially pakistani players to raise their level of game makes it an unbelievable event.....
the only problem is that next samester i'll be taking 21 credit hours...with all of my major classes..and working 3 jobs....

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
i tend to agree fully, even though I am sure most of the indian guys here would outright reject this as pompous pakistani propoganda :)

and on top of this i think the Indian government thinks that its demoralising for the entire nation when pak defeats india in cricket, I think some official once admitted this, hence they only want to play cricket when they know they have a chance of winning. obviously the governments were different in different eras but the mentality seems to be the same. cricket in sharjah is another proof even though it was excellent for cricket and the benefit of former india p-akistan ties (please dont give the match fixing argument).

Bouncer

State Regular
royGilchrist said:
i tend to agree fully, even though I am sure most of the indian guys here would outright reject this as pompous pakistani propoganda :)

a
I did not want to cause any controversy....so i am taking it off...i realy want to get ur opinion on the topic.

Last edited:

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
everyone talks what they want to talk about, that is not the weakness but the strength of this site. Fine, its predominantly about the major cricket matters, but there is freedom to talk about whatever, cricket, quirky things about cricket, or something else. I like that.

masterblaster

International Captain
oh the wonderful memories of India/Pakistan cricket!!!

Can't wait personally, whenever these two teams play there's always fireworks.

Its fireworks that I want to see rather than bitterness from either nation.

Although player safety does come first, and I ask the question is Pakistan safe for the Indian Players?

And better yet, is India safe for Pakistani players?

There is a certain T word I dont really want to say, but I hope that the T word wont be used at all.

But im sure all is well and good, and we can get to some awesome cricketing action!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
One thing's for certain - it will liven things up on occasion.

<quack> And I'll be able to take the Mickey out of Mr. Uppity and Mr. Greedy again

Hush, DD. This conversation about Indo-Pakistani cricketing relations has got off to a nice, gentle start.

<quack> OK. I'll keep pouring oil on the troubled waters.

There's a good duck.

<quack> Is petrol a type of oil?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India-Pakistan, like any cricketing series, is not good when it's off.
For Test-cricket to be an all-embracing game, all must play all. There's something unique about the Asian-Asian encounters:
Jayasuriya v Ganguly v Anwar
Kalu v Sehwag v Afridi
Atapattu v Dravid v Elahi
Aravinda v Sachin v Inzy (that's the best of the lot)
Sangakkara v Laxman v Youhana
Tillikeratne v Yuvraj v Moin
Dharmasena v Ajit v Wasim
Chaminda v Javagal v Waqar
Nuwan v Prasad v Shoaib
Murali v Kumble v Mushie
That only leaves: Wickremasinghe v (Indian wicketkeeper) v Saqqie
Interesting one, that last one.
It never worked-out like that, sadly, but what a prospect 't'would have been.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
royGilchrist said:
....roy...roy....just couldn't resist it, could ya?:)

and on top of this i think the Indian government thinks that its demoralising for the entire nation when pak defeats india in cricket, I think some official once admitted this, hence they only want to play cricket when they know they have a chance of winning. obviously the governments were different in different eras but the mentality seems to be the same. cricket in sharjah is another proof even though it was excellent for cricket and the benefit of former india p-akistan ties (please dont give the match fixing argument).
....now, don't start a flame war......I do have counter-arguments and counter-allegations and all that.....but let's get above all that mud-slinging, shall we?:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
On a different note, cricket between India and Pakistan are always exciting.....if all these "peace talks" continue in the right direction, you can say it is a welcome step....otherwise I have my doubts about the resumption of cricketing ties....I hope all will go well....

Last edited:
This is a great news for Cricket fan, however i don't think the timing of resumption of cricket ties has anything to do with India being a much better team than Pak.

On the comming series, i think its fair to say that India will most probably thrash Pak in both format of the games.India has a setteled team with World class players and a very good captain in Ganguly.Pak in contrast is still in rebuilding stage and without some former stars they appear to be weak.And then no one knows who their captain will be for the Indian series, it might be Inzi, Youhanna, Moin or even Umar:lol: .

Bouncer

State Regular
vandemataram said:
This is a great news for Cricket fan, however i don't think the timing of resumption of cricket ties has anything to do with India being a much better team than Pak.

Oh realy then why dont u give any example to prove ur point....may be u r not familiar with history....if it true then u r not alone among ur countrymen.
India has a setteled team with World class players and a very good captain in Ganguly.Pak in contrast is still in rebuilding stage and without some former stars they appear to be weak.
Yeah right!!!! hahaa the setteled team that could not even beat NZ on home ground with indian umpires....and lead by gangualy!!!!Dude Pakistani bowlers know how t get him out...he is mentally the weakest cricketer i have ever seen in my life...u just look into his eyes...bowl him a bouncer.....go up to him tell him what u think of his -----, give him one ball out side off stump and that it u have got ur man.
This guy could only had got a place in Indian team. i think there has been some talk about his batting at this forum

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Now we realise just why India and Pakistan don't play so often...

Careful guys! There is a line here, don't step over it!

Bouncer said:
Oh realy then why dont u give any example to prove ur point....may be u r not familiar with history....if it true then u r not alone among ur countrymen.

I don't really wanna talk about politics over here, but its absurd to think that India's peace initiatives (resumption of cricket ties being part of it) was only because the Govt thought that Indian team has a chance to beat Pak in Pak.
Cricket is a minor issue, there are other serious issues that need to e resolved.Indian Govt did Pak a favor by resuming cricket ties as Pak would benefit financially by such a tour!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I think this will be excellent for cricket! I look foward to the series and the rivalries that go with it!:)

Bouncer

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Now we realise just why India and Pakistan don't play so often...

Careful guys! There is a line here, don't step over it!
well so far in this thread i proved every thing i said with with examples...like history of Pakistan India cricket resumption...."the setteled indian side" and recent NZ series...Saurav as a batsmen ...and the only thing u noticed was "One sentence" which by the way works 100 % for any bowling side bowling against him ...
How is this fair.?

Bouncer said:

Yeah right!!!! hahaa the setteled team that could not even beat NZ on home ground with indian umpires....and lead by gangualy!!!!Dude Pakistani bowlers know how t get him out...he is mentally the weakest cricketer i have ever seen in my life...u just look into his eyes...bowl him a bouncer.....go up to him tell him what u think of his -----, give him one ball out side off stump and that it u have got ur man.
The guy could only had got a place in Indian team.
I said Ganguly is a good CAPTAIN, never said that he's a great Test BATSMAN.Ganguly is a good OD player but Test cricket is a different ball game.However India do have Tendulkar,Dravid,Laxman,Yuvraj,Kaif and others who can easily take on Pak attack and teach them a lesson, like they did in the World cup match.

If India wasn't able to win against NZ then so what? they have defeated champ Australia on home turf, Pak on the other hand has been losing to almost every major team on its own soil for lat 3-4 years!!!!

Do a player to player comparison of both side and you will easily see as to who exactly is better, i think most people will agree withme that right now Indian team is stronger than the Pakistani team!

Bouncer

State Regular
vandemataram said:
I don't really wanna talk about politics over here, but its absurd to think that India's peace initiatives (resumption of cricket ties being part of it) was only because the Govt thought that Indian team has a chance to beat Pak in Pak.
WTF...This is what realy ****es me off with u guys when u guys pretend like talking about sport and only sport and still have other things on mind.
...who elase agrees that indian officials one morning just woke up and decided to resume cricketing ties with Pak...i am sure that the decision was made good 4-6 weeks ago when bangladesh was touring pakistan.. they waited this long so they they can attach get some political advantage of it...
Now since pakistani team is doing well i would not be surprise that if indian governemnt back off his resumption of cricket...on (again )some political grounds...
Cricket is a minor issue, there are other serious issues that need to e resolved.
dude dont even get me started on this...i have lived 20 minutes from Kashmir for a good part of my life. Things that i know, no one can imagine those.

Indian Govt did Pak a favor by resuming cricket ties as Pak would benefit financially by such a tour!
again WTF....doesnt india have any responsibility from being a part of ICC.....seriously man u dont know nothing about cricket (i am not very surprised coz in my experience this exactly how most of u are.)and how it is suppose to go when u r with ICC.

Last edited: