• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akhtar's book "Controversially Yours"

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shoaib Akhtar | Reveals | Controversially Yours

Just like the man i am expecting the book to be a mix of entertainment,comedy and plenty of hot air and it seems like he is delivering.

Revelations so far.

I did ball tampering
Wasim Akram tried to ruined my career
Sachin and Dravid are not match winners
Shoiab Malik was PCB's stooge
Sharukh Khan and Lalit Modi cheated me

Sure there is more to come.

Fusion

Global Moderator
The biggest ass that ever played for Pakistan - and that's saying something. If Shahrukh really did cheat him out of some money, then I'm going to show my appreciation to Shahrukh by buying extra tickets to his next movie!

Bouncer

State Regular
The biggest ass that ever played for Pakistan - !

That honor in my book will always go for wasim bhai as I dont think Akhter was anyway near him as at least akhter never ruined careers of many cricketers because of his personal/professional jealousy.

Akhter, just wanted all the perks( women, party life style, media attention etc etc) of being an international cricketer, without putting all the effort (that is expected from an international cricketer) in the ground.

Xuhaib

International Coach
a few days back there was a pretty hard hitting interview by Mohammad Akram where he said by mid 90's both W's became very insecure about their spots and they went to lengths to unsettle new upcoming bowlers like him,Zahid,Shahid Nazir and Shoaib who could threaten their spots. Now take this as a bitter rant by a failed ex cricketer or a grievance by a genuine victim.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
a few days back there was a pretty hard hitting interview by Mohammad Akram where he said by mid 90's both W's became very insecure about their spots and they went to lengths to unsettle new upcoming bowlers like him,Zahid,Shahid Nazir and Shoaib who could threaten their spots. Now take this as a bitter rant by a failed ex cricketer or a grievance by a genuine victim.
Probably a bit of both tbh.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He has also apparently said in the Book that Sachin was afraid of facing him and Dravid is a very selfish cricketer who only cares about himself.:laugh:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I heard about his Sachin remarks, said something like Sachin was terrified of playing him

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sachin and Dravid are not match winners
lulz. Shoaib waz d bowler hu waz cryin wen schin hit shoaib 4 sixerzz. lulz

That's what thousands of Indian fans must be posting in various places on web. What would the Pakistani fans be replying back?

Last edited:

jan

State Vice-Captain
I was under the impression that Afridi is the truly peerless in being the greatest ass to ever play for Pakistan...

smash84

The Tiger King
not really.....Kami Khatmal trumps everyone in being an ass.........he mostly played for the opposition

centurymaker

International Captain
Actually people have misinterpreted him. LOL

In his book he's basically recounting incidents, and recalling his feelings and thoughts relating to those incidents. (autobiography)

for instance, he's not saying that sachin was scared of him. He's just saying that he felt in one particular game that sachin was afraid to face him (thats probably fair enough for 2006 when tendulkar could barely play strokes, and therefore score runs). His match winner comment regarding both rahul and sachin was what he had felt at a particular time in the past.

Last edited: