• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Domestic Season 2011/2012

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
And just after i posted that, logged onto the stream and Saha seems to be batting well here.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Was nothing too tricky about the pitch on Day 1 either. Just some good bowling and terrible batting from what I saw.
There was quite a bit of seam movement early on from what i have read, and when i started watching there was enough movement to keep the batsman bit unsettled too.

Good stuff from Saha. The more scores he puts up the better.
Yeah, he has been in quite good form recently.

Have you claimed your Prize, btw? :p

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Congrats East Zone on winning Duleep Trophy. They had a good bowling attack with Dinda, Nechim and Shami which really helped them

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Congratz to East Zone.

Their first ever Duleep trophy win (and it's been going on since 1961).

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Technical committee recommends changes | Announcements | BCCI

The Technical Committee and Senior Tournament Committee of the BCCI met at the Cricket Centre earlier today.
I. The Technical Committee made the following recommendations:
A. The number of short-pitched deliveries permitted per over in domestic one-day tournaments to be increased from one to two. This will come into force in the inter-state one-day matches, starting 20 February 2012.
B. The Ranji Trophy quarter-finals and semi-finals will be five-day games.
C. The Ranji Trophy points system shall be as follows:

Outright win
5 pts
First innings lead but no outright win
3 pts
Loss on first innings
1 pt
Washout / weather interference with no first innings result
1 pt each
Innings win / win by ten wickets
1 bonus pt
Tie on first innings without outright result
1 pt each
Tie on both innings
2 pts each
Outright loss
0 pts
1st innings results not achieved without any

weather interference
1 pt each

D. If a first-innings result is not obtained at the end of the scheduled play in a knockout match, then the match will be extended into an additional day. If the first innings are not completed even on this additional day, then the winner will be decided by the spin of a coin.
E. If a domestic match is played on a wicket that is ‘underprepared’ in the opinion of the match officials, then two points will be deducted from the host association’s tally for the season.
F. Floodlights will be used during Test matches, if required, wherever the facility exists.
G. The use of Kookaburra balls to be continued in the Duleep Trophy.
H. The senior domestic season to be rescheduled, and the tournaments to be played in the following order:
Challenger Series for the NKP Salve Trophy
Duleep Trophy
Ranji Trophy
Irani Cup – Ranji champions vs Rest of India
One-day tournaments: Vijay Hazare Trophy and Deodhar Trophy
Domestic T20
I. The present Ranji Trophy format was discussed at length, and it was felt that the ‘Elite-Plate’ format be continued.
The recommendations made by the Technical Committee will have to be ratified by the Working Committee of the Board.
II. The Senior Tournament Committee discussed the adverse reports received by the Board with regard to poor pitch conditions in the Ranji Trophy.
The Committee had summoned representatives of the Hyderabad Cricket Association and the Railways Sport Promotion Board on the basis of reports submitted by match referees.
After considering the reports and giving a hearing to the representatives of the concerned associations, the following recommendations were made:
A. The Hyderabad CA was let off, after being warned that such an incident should not be repeated.
B. The RSPB will not be able to host any BCCI match at the Karnail Singh Stadium, in the 2012-13 season. However, the association can suggest alternate venues for its home games. Matches could be played at the alternate venues, subject to the BCCI’s approval.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Ranji points system still sucks. Duleep before Ranji not my favourite idea either.

I might have missed it, but have they decided to go ahead with the idea of playing all Ranji matches at neutral venues?

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
I might have missed it, but have they decided to go ahead with the idea of playing all Ranji matches at neutral venues?
That is a proposal, the working committee will decide on it along with other proposal by technical committee

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
There's too much wrong with this points system. It should be one point for a first-innings lead, five for an outright win and six for a win with a bonus point. Moreover, the quarters and semis should be abolished, for a super-eight group format, so that no team steals places in subsequent games by leads. The final, if drawn, should be declared a draw and the trophy shared. That's the only way this first-innings nonsense will end.

The option of playing overseas players, who are in their off-season, should also be considered, given how rarely India players get to turn out for their teams.

There is no reason for trimming the number of Ranji teams down to twelve- after all, you have the five-team inter-zonal Duleep Trophy. That should be the top tournament, with selection based on the Ranji Trophy performances. If you reduce the number of teams in Ranji, the bigger power centres will have an unnecessary advantage in selections- not too long ago, Puduchheri felt left out in the TN selections. Many of India's new best players come from lesser places, notably Dhoni.

Too much undue importance is given to pitches. Fair, green, seaming pitches will test the top domestic batsmen. But it will also make batsmen-who-can-seam-it-a-bit like Abhishek Nayar and Rajat Bhatia serious bowling options. A case in point is Gagandeep Singh, a regular green-top hero. On flat IPL decks, he was caned and couldn't even represent Punjab for ten games across four seasons. A good mix of pitches is essential. And the outfields. What about the outfields? Rock-hard outfields make it impossible to dive an slide on, and make it easy for soft prods to go to the boundary quickly.

The Ranji Trophy at neutral venues is a bad, bad decision.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What about India A? They said that they'll get something in for India A, like a series of tours. With the retirement of the top Test pros round the corner, India A tours are essential in breeding future India players. While there's talk of throwing out the seniors from Tests, to usher in young talent, this so-called young talent is costing India matches in the frontline in ODIs/T20Is itself. If they play enough A-team cricket against other futures teams, they'll be ready when they face them in actual internationals, and also be better prepared to face top international players.

They should get long FC stretches in their tours abroad, with no more than 2 T20s, with limited ODs. They should tour England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand, and maybe Sri Lanka (Pakistan not yet an option), but not waste time in non-Test countries.

Anyway, the India A selection should consist largely of young players barely two or three seasons old, not too fresh, not too old, and with just one or two experienced players:
  • Batsmen: Mukund, Dhawan, Pawan, Robin Bist, Raina, Rohit Sharma
  • Wicketkeeper: Saha
  • Spinners: Appanna, Ojha, Abdulla, Yusuf Pathan
  • Seamers: Yo Mahesh, Sudhindra, Dinda, Aaron