• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how many wickets will brett lee take by the end of his ODI career?

how many wickets will Brett Lee take in ODI's?

• Total voters

Batista1

Cricket Spectator
considering that he might play for another 2-3 years and that Australia will play between 20 to 30 ODI's a year

how many wickets will he end up taking

also keeping in mind he will probably miss an ODI here or there

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
He's already almost 35, that's pretty old for a fast bowler, highly doubt he'll play 3 more years. So I'll say 412 wickets, give or take 1.

BlazeDragon

Banned
He's already almost 35, that's pretty old for a fast bowler, highly doubt he'll play 3 more years. So I'll say 412 wickets, give or take 1.
I am pretty sure he will stick around until the next world cup if he is fit especially considering its being played at his home ground.

Batista1

Cricket Spectator
i think he'll definitly get 400 odi wickets

if he keeps fit and has a bit of luck on the way he may get close to 450 odi wickets

but it all depends

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am pretty sure he will stick around until the next world cup if he is fit especially considering its being played at his home ground.
He'll be 38 by then. Even despite retiring from the real formats, that's ancient for a quick bowler.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
McGrath had more ability and nous in his little finger than Lee does in his whole body though.

Batista1

Cricket Spectator
Is wanting him to cross the 500 mark asking for too much?
500 is probably pushing it

but if he gets to 450 odi wickets then he'd only be the 3rd bowler to do so

also if you then add the 310 test wickets and possibly 40 - 50 t20 wickets then he would have taken 800 international wickets which only 6 players have done

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Reckon he'll bow out when he's got 400. He might hang around longer if he stays fit though might be able to get 450. Sorry to burst the bubble but there's no chance of him staying around to the next work cup.

Batista1

Cricket Spectator
Speaking of that, does anyone else think that Brett Lee has become a better bowler as he has slowed down?
absolutely, when he became the spearhead of the attack after Mcgrath retired he dropped his pace and had a purple patch of wickets