• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play these series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket​

Sat Oct 15
1st T20 - Zimbabwe v New Zealand
Harare Sports Club

Mon Oct 17
2nd T20 - Zimbabwe v New Zealand
Harare Sports Club

Thu Oct 20
1st ODI - Zimbabwe v New Zealand
Harare Sports Club

Sat Oct 22
2nd ODI - Zimbabwe v New Zealand
Harare Sports Club

Tue Oct 25
3rd ODI - Zimbabwe v New Zealand
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

Fri Oct 28 - Sat Oct 29
Zimbabwe XI v New Zealanders

Tue Nov 1 - Sat Nov 5
Only Test - Zimbabwe v New Zealand

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zimbabwe playing the only team that has played less test cricket than them in the last three years.

Daemon

This should be fairly one sided. Anything less than 3-0 and 1-0 for Zimbabwe will be disappointing

Spikey

the night before they leave the county everyone in the NZ team is gonna be on a frantic search to find their whites. before deciding to just buy some on the way to the airport

Flem274*

123/5
Chris Martin is reportedly delighted he has an activity to occupy himself with this summer. He still washes and irons his whites in the hopes he will actually get to use them.

Flem274*

123/5
I think the selectors (or whoever picks the damn team these days) want Vettori and Young up the order. Mills and Bracewell are both number eights, and I think it's locked in that at least one of them will play.

I rate Mills with the new ball, but I'm not sure his fitness is or will ever be up to test matches. Bracewell has all the assets to be a world beater, but he hasn't fired yet domestically.

Dougeh's outswinger is ***ual. I really hope he comes through for us, just so I can watch him bowl all day.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Biggest surprise is Mills's Test recall IMO.
This tour does not really exist - I swear it's a conspiracy to confuse the cricket-watching public into thinking we still have a team. But they've given themselves away by releasing a schedule with only two t20s. Sure, we believe you NZC!

Well, Mills is a huge surprise to me - didn't think he had the fitness (or desire?) to bowl more than 10 overs in a day any more. I don't remember him having a good last domestic season either. Boult unlucky.

Was wondering why Watling over Flynn but I see Flynn is injured. Neil Broom will be feeling unlucky.

Lol at presence of Jimmy 'no contract' Franklin in squad.

Prob between Brownlie and Bracewell for 11th spot in test side. Selectors putting a lot of store in EP tournament.

Howsie

International Captain
I don't remember him having a good last domestic season either. Boult unlucky.
I don't remember the last time he actually played in a first class game.....

Checking cricketarchive he's played three first class games since his last test against India in March 2009, one of which was a week after that test. So basically two first class games in the last 30 months, fantastic :sleep:

Trent Boult unlucky indeed, except for Southee you'd have a tough time trying to convince me that any of the bowlers picked for the test team are better equipped for test cricket then him. In saying that however I like that they've included Dougie Bracewell in both squads - even with his very modest looking stats. He's a player who has the potential to be a game changer for New Zealand, the sooner he's playing international cricket the better afaic.

Stoked for Aldridge too obviously, a well deserved call up. I don't necessarily agree with calling up a 33 year old fast bowler right after a world cup but he's definitely earned it.

Zinzan

Just hoping our new Lawn bowls selector for Australia doesn't select Peter Bellis as one of the opening bowlers by accident :ph34r:

Zinzan

This should be fairly one sided. Anything less than 3-0 and 1-0 for Zimbabwe will be disappointing
Haha, it's actually on the cards considering Zim just beat Bang (if i'm not mistaken) and NZ were white-washed by Bang last time we played them ...

Flem274*

123/5
I don't remember the last time he actually played in a first class game.....

Checking cricketarchive he's played three first class games since his last test against India in March 2009, one of which was a week after that test. So basically two first class games in the last 30 months, fantastic :sleep:

Trent Boult unlucky indeed, except for Southee you'd have a tough time trying to convince me that any of the bowlers picked for the test team are better equipped for test cricket then him. In saying that however I like that they've included Dougie Bracewell in both squads - even with his very modest looking stats. He's a player who has the potential to be a game changer for New Zealand, the sooner he's playing international cricket the better afaic.

Stoked for Aldridge too obviously, a well deserved call up. I don't necessarily agree with calling up a 33 year old fast bowler right after a world cup but he's definitely earned it.
I'm not quite sure what Trent Boult has to do to get a game.

He has wickets, swing, accuracy and a bit of pace. Isn't this what everyone has been begging for?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I hope Bracewell comes off and can be a test bowler who will average at least 32 or 33.

I won't hope for anything more than that. We need a third bowler - would like to see him get a go.

As soon as I saw him and Adam Milne in that Champions League game I was really taken with Doug's action.

Best Wishes to him,

I am not confident about Dean Brownlie - I hope he does well.