• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mushfiqur Rahim named Bangladesh captain

BlazeDragon

Banned
Wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim has been named the Bangladesh captain for the home series against West Indies and Pakistan in October and December. Mahmudullah, the allrounder, has been appointed vice-captain by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB).

"This is the ultimate honour for any cricketer. I thank the board for entrusting me with this responsibility," Mushfiqur said. "I am fully aware of the expectations of the entire nation and I will be totally committed towards ensuring that the Bangladesh team strives towards fulfilling the dream of millions.

"To lead the team well, I will have to perform both off and on the field. At this moment we are trying to set our mind on the West Indies series, the preparation is going on and we still have a month left."

Bangladesh were left without a captain and vice-captain after the board had sacked Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal from the positions after a disappointing tour of Zimbabwe, where they lost the one-off Test as well as the ODI series. The BCB said that Shakib and Tamim had been axed because "their leadership was not satisfactory" and there were reports of indiscipline as well during the Zimbabwe series.

"In Zimbabwe only one or two of our players performed while the whole team was missing its rhythm," Mushfiqur said. "My target will be to lead the team so that we come out with a result that is achieved through team performance."

Mushfiqur was the favourite to succeed Shakib as captain since he was one of few Bangladesh players who command a spot in the XI in all formats of the game. He also led the Bangladesh team during the BCB Cup, while Mahmudullah led the Bangladesh A side.

Preliminary squad for West Indies series: Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Mahmudullah (vc), Imrul Kayes, Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees, Mohammad Ashraful, Junaid Siddique, Shakib Al Hasan, Alok Kopali, Abdur Razzak, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nasir Hossain, Naeem Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Shuvogoto Hom, Shurawadi Shuvo, Raqibul Hassan, Syed Rasel, Robiul Islam, Mohammad Elias, Sahagir Hossain.
Bangladesh news: Mushfiqur Rahim named new Bangladesh captain | Bangladesh Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Xuhaib

International Coach
Great a BD series before tour of England now watch Imran Farhat spank the BD bowling and get himself selected for the England series.

methew123

Banned
Bangladesh team is well but have some management problems like coach chairman and voice chairman should be change and rules should be change for every one i hope if BCB change this one this is better for success.