Cricket Player Manager
Page 93 of 513 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 7692

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Great comeback by SA

Any reason why this ODI series is so protracted?

They could fitted in another Test
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

lunar calendar

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Any reason why this ODI series is so protracted?

They could fitted in another Test
    they're protesting silly scheduling practices by carrying out the silliest schedule of them all

It hasn't worked because only Peter Roebuck finds the schedule silly.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

What do people reckon should be our bowling line up for the tests? Johnson, Siddle, Harris, Copeland, Cummins, Lyon, Beer are the possible selections.

The question is do we go with four pacemen or 3 and a spinner? The first test is at Newlands, so it can offer a bit for everyone. Four pacemen seems a bit excessive in any conditions because of Watson, but should we really be bowling him much at the moment given his recent fitness concerns? IMO Watson should be forced to concentrate on his batting this tour, because with their attack it will be a hell of a challenge and we can't really afford either to lose him due to injury, or let his batting form be compromised because of having to bowl too much.

Preferably I'd go with Harris (simply our best bowler), Johnson (hard to leave him out given how he last performed in these conditions), Copeland (needs to be there to provide stability, and also I reckon he could be a real threat if the conditions are favourable) and Lyon (>Beer).

If Cummins has to debut, I really hope we can avoid Harris, Johnson, Cummins, Lyon (could either be devastatingly good, or horrendously inconsistent, a risk I wouldn't take). Would probably prefer, Harris, Johnson, Cummins, Copeland, but this side really lacks part-time spin options and given it's Newlands that could be a bit of a problem.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    No reason why the attack which played in Sri Lanka shouldn't play this series.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Unchanged bowling lineup.

Key issue has been the lack of stability in our bowling attack. Why change it after performing well as a unit in Sri Lanka?

Harris for Sids. Pre injury lineup I mean.
    Last edited by Noble One; 27-10-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Yeah my thoughts too, but I reckon the most likely line up at this stage is Harris, Johnson, Cummins and Lyon. If Cummins bombs again in the last ODI that could raise some concerns though if they are actually thinking about going in to the tests with that line-up. Is there a practice match before the first test as well? Could also have a strong bearing on the side...
    Last edited by Ruckus; 27-10-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Harris, Copeland, MJ and Lyon. Absolutely no doubts that's the attack to send out.

what line-up we send out for the tour match will be interesting though. and of course i'm worried we'll indeed play cummins for copeland

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Yeah my thoughts too, but I reckon the most likely line up at this stage is Harris, Johnson, Cummins and Lyon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Harris, Copeland, MJ and Lyon. Absolutely no doubts that's the attack to send out.
    Really?

According to my calender he's due for the 2nd match

Ideally I would be able to name Bollinger in the 3rd spot but....

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outswinger@Pace View Post
    Really?
    Great record in South Africa, bowling with bowlers who'll actually compliment him. If he's firing, the ultimate shock weapon.

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Great record in South Africa, bowling with bowlers who'll actually compliment him. If he's firing, the ultimate shock weapon.
    Yeah, sorta guessed that'd be the case. But tbf, it's more the man's mental state than form or a liking for certain grounds. Having said that, genuine pace is always a weapon in SA and he could be a fair punt.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Johnson was impressive in his prior FC game for Western Australia.

We all know how bipolar he can be, but I'd take my chances with an in-form Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post

what line-up we send out for the tour match will be interesting though. and of course i'm worried we'll indeed play cummins for copeland
    Do you know when the tour match is? Can't see it anywhere on the schedule...

Quote Originally Posted by Outswinger@Pace View Post
    Yeah, sorta guessed that'd be the case. But tbf, it's more the man's mental state than form or a liking for certain grounds. Having said that, genuine pace is always a weapon in SA and he could be a fair punt.
    I reckon the ground drastically influences Johnson's mental state though. He is by and large a confidence bowler, and I think his previous experiences in SA will bring the best out of him. Also has been generating a bit of swing in the ODI's too, which can only be a good thing.
    Last edited by Ruckus; 27-10-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Thread Information