Page 8 of 513 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    at 120 ks how is he going to trouble kallis, amla, devilliers with bounce even seam when they are used to facing Morkel bowl short-pitched stuff at them at 145 ks.
    It's a wonder that South Africa's batsmen ever get out.

at 120 ks how is he going to trouble kallis, amla, devilliers with bounce even seam when they are used to facing Morkel bowl short-pitched stuff at them at 145 ks.

picking him IMO would be a defensive move.
    though if the spinner is not doing the containment job well, then copeland should get the nod ahead of him.
    Iíve seen Kallis get out on the hook to Pig in a test match and ABís 4 sixes in an over aside, Andrew McDonald kept all the South African batsman honest, bowling stump-to-stump, keeper up, pressure on in the 08 tour. It was all that Aus needed with Johnson attacking from the other end and here they will have Harris as well. Last tour they had ****house asking zero questions of the batsman and Siddle who was up and down. An attack of Copeland, Harris, Johnson, Watson and whoever is better than what they brought last time. Then it was a one man team job.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    That's a bit of a presumption, a trundle in the nets does not a test match innings make. They'd be 'used to' the bowling of Morkel no more than they're used to the club cricketers they get to make up numbers at net sessions.

What matters is if the bowler is capable of getting the best bowling figures for the team and not how he does it.

Copeland has to play for Australia to have a chance of doing well in South Africa as he will bring good balance to their attack.

On Ryan Harris, how are CA monitoring his injury problems? Is he so important to Aus, that its irrelevant that there is a good chance he cannot get a run of tests together due to his injury problems?

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    What matters is if the bowler is capable of getting the best bowling figures for the team and not how he does it.

Copeland has to play for Australia to have a chance of doing well in South Africa as he will bring good balance to their attack.

On Ryan Harris, how are CA monitoring his injury problems? Is he so important to Aus, that its irrelevant that there is a good chance he cannot get a run of tests together due to his injury problems?
    It made good sense to rest him for the last chance but there is also a school of thought that he only has a maximum of a couple of seasons left due to the knee problems so they might as well get as much cricket out of him as possible during this finite period.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Copeland isn't gonna bowl short at them though.........
    This.

And on Rhino, he pulled a hammy. Can happen to anyone, it's the knees that's his downfall. He will play both the tests in SA no worries and most or probably all the home summer. He isn't a piece of fine china.

picking him IMO would be a defensive move.
    though if the spinner is not doing the containment job well, then copeland should get the nod ahead of him.
    Lyon, Siddle and Johnson are predominately attacking bowlers. Harris is a bit of both. Copes should be picked because he can get control unlike the first 3....
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    This.

And on Rhino, he pulled a hammy. Can happen to anyone, it's the knees that's his downfall. He will play both the tests in SA no worries and most or probably all the home summer. He isn't a piece of fine china.
    Maybe, but he'll be put in cotton wool at the first sign of a problem from now on. We simply can't afford him to have a long term injury.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Personally, Watto's bowling too many overs so I don't think he should be one of the first 5 bowlers if he's to open the batting. Him bowling 20-odd overs then slapping a quick 30 before he runs out of steam is not what the team needs, fairly clear the workload is affecting his batting (notwithstanding playing all 3 forms of the game too).

Ponting being in the side is creating a bit of a selection dilemma. Wattnooooooo's bowling well so you want to give him the ball but he can't bat lower right now to take the pressure off. Makes me wonder how long he can keep it up, you'd think something would have to give. That is, unless the selection team are happy with Watto being good for a half-ton at best but I think that'll come undone against a decent bowling attack.
    There is a solution to the Watson issue. Make Punter open seeing as he's now used to not being no 3 and seemingly must be kept. It would do Hughes the world of good to bat with him and we'd still keep a right/left combo up top with Watson at 4.

Never, even happen though. But then I was certain that Marsh would be on the bench in the last test.

Is Watto's technique really suited for #4?
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

I can't see the need for five quicks (including Watson) in a Test attack.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    forgot about watson tbh.

watson can do containing.

He shouldn't. That's not his job.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    It worked in the Ashes

Kinda.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    It worked in the Ashes

Kinda.
    Watson didn't bowl at Perth.

South Africa aren't Asian so the chances of Watson taking wickets are pretty close to zero you'd imagine.

Page 8 of 513 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread Information