• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When are the Aussies going to announce their squad?

Fingers crossed Harris is fit and Copeland isn't bombed. As for the rest they will probably be the same as SL with Bollinger in for Beer maybe as they won't need 2 spinners on a tour to SA when the pacemen will do the damage and the strength the Aussies have is pace over spin.

Looking forward to this series, not so much the one dayers but they will pass the odd day as they are on at a good time over here.

Jacknife

International Captain
Do we actually really need a spinner? Maybe probably for Cape Town, but maybe not for Jo-burg?
When England were there in 2009/10 Swann was MOTS, I know that's more to do with Swann himself but still the pitches did take spin.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Australia will go ahead of South Africa in the rankings if they beat them 2-0, ftr.
I tried to use the predictor but even though the ratings updated three days ago, there's still the SL series there to fill out the fields for.

howardj

International Coach
My Aussies Squad of 14

It's the first Aussie squad in a long long time that picks itself.

Clarke
Watson
Hughes
Marsh
Hussey
Ponting
Usman
Haddin
Hauritz
Lyon
Johnson
Siddle
Copeland
Harris

uvelocity

International Coach
I'd be very tempted to have Bollinger in the squad ahead of a spinner to tour SA.
They need to come out and admit fault though to do that, as he hasn't had any chance to prove his fitness by playing FC cricket.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Siddle also does a different job to Copeland. For all the talk of enlarged blood pumpers he is not the guy to bowl long spells at 2.5rpo. He is the short quick spells guy - unfortunately for Sidds Harris is better at it than him. Plus of course there's the Siddle and Johnson must not play in the same side rule. Occasionally breaking it might be ok, but we won't be going higher than 4th if we don't adhere to it.
Some are saying Siddle has the edge over Copeland because of third test. I think its completely BS. Copeland did all the hard work on that test. All Siddle did was get in there and clean up the tail after all the hard work was done by Copeland.

They need to come out and admit fault though to do that, as he hasn't had any chance to prove his fitness by playing FC cricket.
He was the most successful bowler for Australia in the ODI series. So they might pick him just for that. They should because he looks in pretty good touch.

howardj

International Coach
Time to move on from Doug, for mine.

Unless injuries, I never want to see two of him, Johnson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus in the same attack.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok but all of that list Dougeh has by far the best record

well perhaps not far, but he's clearly got the wood on Hilf and Siddle

Arachnodouche

International Captain
SA are so so heavily dependent on the two quickies. an injury to either rules out any chance of them bowling out a decent opposition for an acceptable score. Australia have a more balanced attack in terms of pace at least + Lyon/Hauritz are bit more of a proven quantity than Tahir though his subcontinental skills could play a role.

Quaggas

State Captain
SA are so so heavily dependent on the two quickies. an injury to either rules out any chance of them bowling out a decent opposition for an acceptable score. Australia have a more balanced attack in terms of pace at least + Lyon/Hauritz are bit more of a proven quantity than Tahir though his subcontinental skills could play a role.
Buahwahahah!

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Beer must not tour ahead of Hauritz. To do so would be clinging to the mistakes of the past and not learning from them.

Bollinger is a better bowler than Siddle and should be higher in the pecking order than he is. In fact the only quick who should get a guaranteed spot is Harris at the moment.