• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Riggins

International Captain
i don't reckon he's hit that. looked like there was a spot on the edge before the ball got there. maybe from flicking his pad or some ****,

Spark

Global Moderator
i don't reckon he's hit that. looked like there was a spot on the edge before the ball got there. maybe from flicking his pad or some ****,
nah there was nothing on the bat before the ball went past, and it was ahead of the pad.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He averages higher than most, although admittedly in an era when run scoring is at it's highest, but he still averages higher than Tendulkar, Ponting and Lara.

Have a look at this stat: Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
Kallis' biggest problem is his bad averages vs Australia, England and Sri Lanka. This suggests that he has some trouble against the best bowlers. Noone cashes in against minnows like Kallis though.

EDIT: I had a look and yep, dismissed 7 times by Warne @35 and 6 times by McGrath @10. Murali got him a few times too.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How's Smith bowling? He'd been copping an absolute bollocking on Cricinfo from people writing in before he came on so I'd love it if he was turning it on with the ball.

Spark

Global Moderator
How's Smith bowling? He'd been copping an absolute bollocking on Cricinfo from people writing in before he came on so I'd love it if he was turning it on with the ball.
Well. Getting some really nice shape, even if he isn't turning it that much, he's causing problems with batsmen not picking the length. Really, an extension of his work in BD and vs England.

I'm fairly convinced those ragging on his bowling simply haven't seen much of his bowling in ODIs, which is fair enough given how long it's been since he did any.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly, just bounce the **** out of Duminy. Don't waste my valuable time not attempting to maim him

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Kallis' biggest problem is his bad averages vs Australia, England and Sri Lanka. This suggests that he has some trouble against the best bowlers. Noone cashes in against minnows like Kallis though.

EDIT: I had a look and yep, dismissed 7 times by Warne @35 and 6 times by McGrath @10. Murali got him a few times too.
True but I think part of that was due to him being in bad form in 2008. But he still has time to correct those stats against Australia and England as he still looks at the height of his powers with the bat.

What a shot from Miller. Looks like he has the potential to be a player.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Honestly, just bounce the **** out of Duminy. Don't waste my valuable time not attempting to maim him
It's part of their master plan to get him waisting deliveries "playing himself in" before getting him out. He's on 6 of 21.

Johnson all over the place here.

Spark

Global Moderator

why mitch, why.

---

I'm not sure the legside theory is a good one, but it doesn't matter if johnson can't put two balls on the same place. impossible to set a field for this.