Page 513 of 513 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513
Results 7,681 to 7,692 of 7692

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

  1. #7681
    International Debutant adub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Australia in South Africa 2011-12: Young Cummins stands out for Australia | Cricket Features | South Africa v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

    Gotta love Cricinfo's scores out of 10. How exactly are a number of batsmen who managed a stunning average of around 20, ahead of Lyon and Harris - who did a serviceable job with the ball?
    Someone has to ease up on the crackpipe. Ponting 6? 3 if you're feeling really really generous. 2 is closer to the mark. Utterly unacceptable. Barely contributed more than Copeland.

  2. #7682
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah, a series performance rating. His impact on the first Test was 0.
    It is for guys that played both Tests. Not playing in the 1st Test =/= Performing poorly in the 1st Test.

    What should have been done was given 10/10*, where * means he only played in the 2nd Test.
    Last edited by TumTum; 22-11-2011 at 09:34 PM.

  3. #7683
    International Regular stephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    aus
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by adub View Post
    Someone has to ease up on the crackpipe. Ponting 6? 3 if you're feeling really really generous. 2 is closer to the mark. Utterly unacceptable. Barely contributed more than Copeland.
    Actually I wonder if facing Copes in the nets helped Punter build his patience for that final innings. It can't be fun facing a guy who always lands it in exactly the right spot, no matter how military medium he is.

  4. #7684
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    It is for guys that played both Tests. Not playing in the 1st Test =/= Performing poorly in the 1st Test.

    What should have been done was given 10/10*, where * means he only played in the 2nd Test.
    I don't think I'd ever be able to give a 10/10 series rating to someone who only played 50% of the matches. Maybe if he knocked up a couple of hundreds as well.
    ~ Cribbage ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009


  5. #7685
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I don't think I'd ever be able to give a 10/10 series rating to someone who only played 50% of the matches. Maybe if he knocked up a couple of hundreds as well.
    You don't get my point. Your performance can only be judged where you are actually given the chance to perform, and is to measure how well you play, not necessarily your impact throughout the whole series.

  6. #7686
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    You don't get my point. Your performance can only be judged where you are actually given the chance to perform, and is to measure how well you play, not necessarily your impact throughout the whole series.
    You don't understand that I completely disagree with what a series rating is.

    I'm quite happy to leave it at that.

  7. #7687
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    You don't understand that I completely disagree with what a series rating is.

    I'm quite happy to leave it at that.
    You are thinking this as a rating or points system, where as the article talks about individual performance. Different things imo.

  8. #7688
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8
    1-1 huh? Well that was my prediction before the series but I didn't expect this many twists and turns. Overall I think its fair to say that SA had the bigger edge and are still the stronger team.

  9. #7689
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,978
    Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    You are thinking this as a rating or points system, where as the article talks about individual performance. Different things imo.
    PEWS is correct, you are not.

  10. #7690
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,938
    Jesus saves

    proudly supporting Liverpool FC

  11. #7691
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,661
    i've long thought Martin Smith boarded here



    ponting was staying anyway. haddin probs too. they do love paine.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  12. #7692
    State Vice-Captain Debris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah, a series performance rating. His impact on the first Test was 0.
    Have to wonder how he got more than a five.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 98/99 Feast or Famine?
    By Goughy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 07:59 AM
  2. Playing test cricket in their 40s
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27-11-2005, 09:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •