Page 512 of 513 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513 LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 7692

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    In what ways were the continued selections of the underperforming Johnson and Siddle good ones, then?

EDIT: Or is applying context to your bullying not part of James' selection of his Cricket Web frontmen?
    Last edited by Nate; 22-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Bullying, really?

You can't admit you were being the teenisiest bit over the top when suggesting that anyone who disagrees with you "needed to learn the basics of cricket"? Even when your complaint was about someone merely saying you ought to calm down a bit?
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Bullying, really?

You can't admit you were being the teenisiest bit over the top when suggesting that anyone who disagrees with you "needed to learn the basics of cricket"? Even when your complaint was about someone merely saying you ought to calm down a bit?
    If you discerned that from reading it, I feel bad for you.

When the grown ups were talking a few pages back, we were discussing how winning this Test could possibly be even worse for Australia long term, as it looks like we're stuck with a bunch of underperforming players for even longer, relying on miracles from an eighteen year old.

Pessimism.

Australia in South Africa 2011-12: Young Cummins stands out for Australia | Cricket Features | South Africa v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

Gotta love Cricinfo's scores out of 10. How exactly are a number of batsmen who managed a stunning average of around 20, ahead of Lyon and Harris - who did a serviceable job with the ball?
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Nath, I don't think we're remotely on the same page here so I think I'll leave it at that.

I think you're both on page 192 at the moment.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer heathrf1974's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Anyone that had seen SL play in Eng wouldve known that they are pretty woeful atm, so us winning there was not a huge surprise

SA was a toss-up for me as the conditions should suit our attack and one had to think that Ponting would eventually come good

Having said that, the fact that we drew 1-1 after giving away a test & unearthered top young talent in Khawaja and Cummins in the process implies that it was a good result.

However, my feeling is that if it had been a 5 test series, it wouldve gone the same way as the Ashes as we simply have too many players out of form/depth

As such, the real worry is if the selectors decide that they wont change a winning side
    I thought the Aussies could beat SL. Some people judging teams focus too much on batting lineups when it is the bowling lineups that make the major contribution to the outcome. Although SL have some great batsmen, the retirement of Muralitharan and no recognised quick meant the SL side was on the decline.
    With the SA series that was drawn; I was a bit surprised we pulled it off and it was all due to Cummins. The SA bowling lineup was much stronger than I had expected (Philander's fine bowling and SAs discovery of a good spinner in Tahir).
    SA cricket is a bit like Liverpool at the moment, they do some great things and are a very good side but just can't reach that next level.

I love Zaltman, even if he does go a bit over the top - it's part of the charm I guess.

The Confectionery Stall | Page 2 | ESPN Cricinfo

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Australia in South Africa 2011-12: Young Cummins stands out for Australia | Cricket Features | South Africa v Australia | ESPN Cricinfo

Gotta love Cricinfo's scores out of 10. How exactly are a number of batsmen who managed a stunning average of around 20, ahead of Lyon and Harris - who did a serviceable job with the ball?
    Only 8 out of 10 for Cummins.... I don't see what more he would have needed to do, he took a catch as well, maybe a run out? That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    Only 8 out of 10 for Cummins.... I don't see what more he would have needed to do, he took a catch as well, maybe a run out? That's ridiculous.
    Play both Tests.
    ~ Cribbage

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    He could've been the one bringing hot tea out to the security guards, Poor form from Pat really.
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    3/255, wow that really is crap Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    I love Zaltman, even if he does go a bit over the top - it's part of the charm I guess.

The Confectionery Stall | Page 2 | ESPN Cricinfo
    "It has been a compelling start to the series, which is now perfectly set up for the remaining zero Tests." Brilliant!

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Play both Tests.
    That's not his fault, it's a performance rating.

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    That's not his fault, it's a performance rating.
    Yeah, a series performance rating. His impact on the first Test was 0.

Thread Information