Page 423 of 513 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 7692

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Punter and Lyon to finish the day?
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

PUNT SHOULDA BOWLED SPINNNNAAAAAz

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I would have thought it's perfectly acceptable and even desirable for the umpires to inform Clarke that if you bowl a certain type of bowler we'll have to go off, but you are within your rights to attempt to bowl that type.
    It's within Bowden's right to want to be the centre of attention.

Odious man.

Light now anyways. Good day's play that. The Beard and La Bomba de Villiers done a good job after a bit of luck early.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    That's it? Huh!

Was a good day for strokeplaying. Amla's batting always looks great to my eye. No great flourish, just times them through the covers and usually creams them. AB always a pleasure as well.

Shot of the day? That Laxmanesque punched drive through midwicket from Amla. Off Lyon, IIRC. Was as orgasmic as they come!

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    For a group of people brought up on the delicious teat of consistent success and dominance, we all slide well into the negative pants of doom and gloom like it's no bother at all.

Such an allegorical mess can only come about at 3am on a Sunday.

All I can say to that is how much I hope you're mixing your metaphors.
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Siddle bowled beautifully to Amla today.

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Well I just watched the last 2 hours play, what is there to say. It was extreme wishful thinking that Mitch would rock up and replicate the fluke performance from Joburg 09, surely you pick players on current form, not because they did something on a particular ground years ago???? Seems that kind of logic wouldn't get a batsman selected. Gotta say though that credit to Mitch for trying the short run up and attempting to contain, his pace didn't drop, but he was even more loose than the 1st innings, so yeah complete fail really. He has zero idea really, and unlike Ponting's form we are subject to over after over of dire bowling, i too have just ****ed my left eye up from punching it too!!!!! I get the feeling that Clarke isn't going to take this crap from Mitch, last test for sure.

Siddle actually bowled well i thought, but not enough wicket taking balls, but bowled straight and troubled AB quite a lot i thought, but then bowled loose short balls. Cummins was awesome in comparison, which is shameful.
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Pretty damning that an eighteen year old in his fourth first class game has been both the most economical bowler and the most likely source of wickets.

Even more so when one considers but for Rhino's ongoing injury woes he probably wouldn't have played.

Still:

Copeland
    Harris
    Cummins
    Lyon

wouldn't be the worst bowling unit for the 1st NZ test.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Cutting for sure, home ground, on fire in the shield.

I'm hoping Cutting kills it for Aus A, I really liked what I saw of him in the last Shield game.

Never seen him - what does Cutting bowl, in terms of speed, style, etc?

I'm gonna be honest; I don't really rate Cutting at all and think he'll be pumped in Tests. He's performed domestically (although not quite as convincingly as a few other bowlers he's been favoured ahead of) so I don't think it'd be a disgrace if he got picked or anything like that but I don't think he'll be a success. It's a bit like when Peter George got picked from where I sit.

To answer Howe, and I'm not going to sugar coat this as I'm sure plenty of others will come in posting how awesome they think he is to balance me out anyway, he runs in, gets side on and bungs it down inside his own half of the pitch. He's taken a stack of wickets due (IMO) to the greener Shield pitches in the last few seasons and the inexperience in some of the Shield batting lineups. He sprays it a bit as well and while he's certainly not a medium pacer, claims of him bowling around 150 have been greatly exaggerated from what I've seen; low 140s tops.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 19-11-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Never seen him - what does Cutting bowl, in terms of speed, style, etc?
    Pre injury layoff he was mid 130's. Now pushing into the low 140's this season. Bowls with a high arm action and generates just enough movement to beat the bat.

Red hot form at the moment and should push hard for selection. Also swings the bat hard and would make a decent Test number 8 or 9.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I'm gonna be honest; I don't really rate Cutting at all and think he'll be pumped in Tests. He's performed domestically (although not quite as convincingly as a few other bowlers he's been favoured ahead of) so I don't think it'd be a disgrace if he got picked or anything like that but I don't think he'll be a success. It's a bit like when Peter George got picked from where I sit.

To answer Howe, and I'm not going to sugar coat this as I'm sure plenty of others will come in posting how awesome they think he is to balance me out anyway, he runs in, gets side on and bungs it down inside his own half of the pitch. He's taken a stack of wickets due (IMO) to the greener Shield pitches in the last few seasons and the inexperience in some of the Shield batting lineups. He sprays it a bit as well and while he's certainly not a medium pacer, claims of him bowling around 150 have been greatly exaggerated from what I've seen; low 140s tops.
    Good summary and I think the selectors are looking elsewhere too. No buzz about him in the press from current or former players - big clue.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Thread Information