• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if we play MJ and Siddle in the same attack again I will straight up murder benchmark00

Briony

International Debutant
Johnson has to be picked based on his previous performances against SA. It's horses for courses surely with the Lankan pitches hardly suiting him.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
If they could only throw a warm up game or two up our way here in Kenya. Either way S. Africa to edge the test regres after being shocked in the limited overs stuff.

SeamUp

International Coach
Is it true that because this tour is only two tests, the next time Australia tour SAF there will be four tests because it would be owed due to the FTP?

I remember hearing that somewhere.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Is it true that because this tour is only two tests, the next time Australia tour SAF there will be four tests because it would be owed due to the FTP?

I remember hearing that somewhere.
I read that these tests are outside the FTP, as they'd already played each other enough. This is sort of a conciliatory gesture for Australia not being all that enthused about being in SA for Boxing Day and New Years.

SeamUp

International Coach
I read that these tests are outside the FTP, as they'd already played each other enough. This is sort of a conciliatory gesture for Australia not being all that enthused about being in SA for Boxing Day and New Years.
This is what I thought.

In the FTP, you're supposed to play each other twice in four years.

A big problem was that AUS v SAF series were back-to-back and obviously now with CSA wanting Aus to tour South Africa over Xmas-New year every other tour and CA denying the request, it has made the two boards & ICC have to agree new schedules for the FTP.

So now, it would be that they play each other every two years, once in South Africa and once in Australia so maybe this is the start of the new cycle?

So then Aus will play an extra test, the next time they tour SAF.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I will be ropable if Copeland gets dropped for SA. He's exactly the type of bowler that succeeds there. Accurate bowlers who can swing it get piles of wickets in that country. Siddle obviously has more potential than Copes due to his speed but Copeland is the better bowler right now, one four wicket haul notwithstanding. If anyone should be looking at facing the axe for the next series it should be Johnson. Clarke needs to give Copeland longer spells while we're at it.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean one of the things that has been touted as the reason we won in Sri Lanka was the extra control that our bowling attack had compared to the past. That control has largely come by dropping one of MJ/Siddle and picking Copeland instead. Dropping Copeland would show that the selectors have learned nothing at all.

SeamUp

International Coach
Australia has to play Copeland. Why chop and change when he hasn't done anything wrong yet and has provided balance to the attack.

It will be interesting to see how the test pitches will be early seasonish.

BlazeDragon

Banned
SA can still become number 1 in the world if they beat us 2-0 and then beat SL 2-0 right?

kinda conflicted tbh
Would gave given Australia more of a chance if they a little better against Sri Lanka (which they would have if it weren't for the rain). But knowing the history of our batsman choking in big situations I won't talk so big either.

Excited to see how how AB does as ODI captain. Him, Kallis and Amla will be the key in tests also. Smith better step up his game or else he shouldn't be captain.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Anyway, come on Australia. For South Africa to have a shot at number 1 they must win this series 2-0 - anything less and they can kiss any short term aspirations of being number 1 goodbye.