• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Ruckus

International Captain
Don't think he should go like this. This knock proves that he's still not fully done. At the very least, he should be given the tests against NZ to prove himself. Not that it's the most threatening proposition and I firmly believe that class players always have the ability to go back and discover their second wind.
I think the outcome of this knock only bolsters the argument that he is finished tbh. It was a nice knock, but what has changed?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
When is the test squad for the New Zealand test series going to be announced?

I'm going to bed now. Hopefully I'll wake up to find out that Johnson and Haddin have miraculously chased the total down. I can always dream, I guess.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's amazing to think that in all likelihood Ponting's last test century will be the double against Pakistan in Tasmania. Seems a very long time ago...

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
We'll see what happens with Ponting. I'm not convinced that he's fully done - still could have a final flurry. And let's be honest, it's not as if Wally Hammond or Don Bradman are threatening his place in the side.

On the match: Enough of Kallis please. Morkel and Steyn or better Philander and Steyn. Make a clean kill - quick, efficient and ruthless.

ganeshran

International Debutant
a good 35-40 overs left in the day, Hussey at the crease and 5 wickets remaining. I wouldnt count Oz out of the match yet.