• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
wtf is this Johnson? Bowling
Fixed :p

Felt kinda bad for Ponting at least Clarke can say he'd taken a blow and has actually scored this series.

Kinda want the Saffers tow in with Ponting getting a century (from a Pom I know :/) on the basis that a win will make the series against us next summer all the more interesting if the gap between us means our no1 ranking is on the line.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonder quite what it'd take for some of this forum to finally admit to Prior being better than Haddin.
Anyway, happy Tahir picked up a few poles.

kingkallis

International Coach
Wonder quite what it'd take for some of this forum to finally admit to Prior being better than Haddin.
Anyway, happy Tahir picked up a few poles.
Did not read much in last few months so cant comment on what fellow CWers has said about them but for me Prior > Haddin. Prior has improved his wicket keeping in last couple of series and looks way ahead than Haddin when it comes to bat.

Xuhaib

International Coach
good to see Tahir bowl well today if not for Salman Butt getting NOTW'ed we might have been fielding an attack of Asif,Aamer,Ajmal,Tahir.

Xuhaib

International Coach
How did you work that one out?
Butt and Tahir are or atleast were very tight played a lot of first class together, according to some media reports here in Pakistan during the English tour Butt and Waqar tried their best to get Tahir back in to Pakistan setup infact the dropping of Kaneria was actually a carrot thrown to Tahir to show that the door is ajar now.I think he stayed with the team for a whole duration of atleast one of the tests.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
The worst average of any Test batsman to have scored 3,000 runs
Of all the damning stats out there, that one strikes me as a touch spurious. You could say it just shows he's still in the top 20 batsmen, to be able to score 3000 runs in 4 years.

In a different context, I could for example use it as an argument that Andrew Strauss (2nd worst on the list) is still holding his own at Test level.

adub

International Captain
Johnson to take all 10, Ponting to win it with a run a ball 100. It's gonna happen. We can't have a test team without these two.

SeamUp

International Coach
The boys need to bat about 4.5 sessions or so now and get a decent target on the board for Australia to chase.

Day 2 along with day 3 will be the best of the batting conditions as per norm and if the cracks open up like they normally do when its hot on the highveld, it won't be easy batting last.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
I already said that in the first innings ****.
and I said he'd get 200 ****. So I'm 200% behind the great man, you're just death-riding a champion. He's batting so well in the nets. It's just a matter of time. You don't doubt a champion. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The renaissance is just about to start. He doesn't see the finish line. He's going to get those Ashes back damn it. Can't you ****s just leave a champion alone, leave him alone...