Page 15 of 513 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

U19 12th Man
    Right arm quick bowlers who solely move the ball back in to the right handed batsmen aren't, in general, going to have sustained periods of success at Test level. They will find players they get out regularly and they will have days where they get the LBWs and the inside edges on to the stumps etc. but generally they will be lined up easily.

Until Siddle develops an outswinger or starts to move the ball away off the seam, he will never consistently run through batting line-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Apo View Post
    Saffers are only a good touring team but a mediocre home team who always choke at home, I predict an easy win for us.
    Funny that

Cricket Records | Records | South Africa | Test matches | Series results | ESPN Cricinfo

Still don't know how the Poms got a way with a 1-1 recently. Quite clear who the superior team was in South Africa and of course we beat them in England.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    What's doing with your border security?

haha, good one mate. Don't forget they even got some players from us in the 70's and 80's and they are now looking to the Irish as well.

But to put it plain and simple, some of the current players in the England team just couldn't get into out domestic teams and they weren't patient enough. I have always said well done to them for what they have done though.

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    haha, good one mate. Don't forget they even got some players from us in the 70's and 80's and they are now looking to the Irish as well.
    yes, they have no shame.

U19 12th Man
    Quite clear who the superior team was in South Africa and of course we beat them in England.
    Mainly due to a terrible decision to not give Smith out caught from the bowling of Panesar, when it smashed off his gloves during his match winning knock at Edgbaston! Otherwise it would have been 2-1 England!

Not to mention that 2008 England team didn't have: Trott, Prior, Bresnan, Tremlett and Swann! Nor the new and improved Bell and Cook!

And as far as the recent series in South Africa, one could argue that just evened up all the luck SA got the last time we went over there and won anyway in 2004! That could have been embarrassing but for "bad light" saving SA!

And Pietersen and Trott have English parents, so why wouldn't they play for England? They're half English. Like Tahir and Harris are half-South African.......
    Last edited by OMM!; 25-09-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OMM! View Post
    Mainly due to a terrible decision to not give Smith out caught from the bowling of Panesar, when it smashed off his gloves during his match winning knock at Edgbaston! Otherwise it would have been 2-1 England!

Not to mention that 2008 England team didn't have: Trott, Prior, Bresnan, Tremlett and Swann! Nor the new and improved Bell and Cook!

And as far as the recent series in South Africa, one could argue that just evened up all the luck SA got the last time we went over there and won anyway in 2004! That could have been embarrassing but for "bad light" saving SA!
    In 2004 you deserved your victory.

Last time round, South Africa should have won 3-1, we were quite clearly the superior team but I guess the luck you refer to, we didn't seem to get bar the one bit with Graeme if you say. Never forget the two clear poor decisions in Durban (One was Boucher and I cannot remember the other) that went against SAF. But hey ho thats how it goes. Move on.

Cannot wait for the series next year against you lot, but its only a 3-test match series and I wonder why. Its a shame really.

Cannot wait for the series next year against you lot, but its only a 3-test match series and I wonder why. Its a shame really.
    poms have a decent run for the first time in 25 years, it's understandable they are barmy. won't last long thank goodness.

U19 12th Man
    South Africa are the only team who can beat England in England presently.

But I'd be more concerned about winning in India than beating SA at home/away.

Let us just hope all the big guns are fit for next Summer. Although England's depth gives them a huge advantage.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Can we stop quoting the troll please.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    There's a strong mixture of bitterness and trolling in this thread. Talk about your own teams and not England if it riles you up too much - and yes, ignore the troll.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    ****ing English supporters polluting every thread with discussion of their team. ffs
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    ****ing English supporters polluting every thread with discussion of their team. ffs
    Not how I'd describe this one.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

In case folks hadn't noticed, this is the Australia in South Africa tour thread. Let me make that clearer

Australia
    South Africa

Note the lack of "England" in those words (jokes about South Africans in the English team aside).

Consider this a general warning. People bringing up the English (or any other team) for no good reason (ie. not as part of the natural flow of conversation or as part of a natural comparison whilst sticking to the central topic of the Australian or South African teams) will be construed by me as trolling and I'll not hesitate to hand out points.

Carry on.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Not how I'd describe this one.
    Irrelevant. We get it. You're no1. Now get the **** out of every thread.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    In case folks hadn't noticed, this is the Australia in South Africa tour thread. Let me make that clearer

Australia
    South Africa

Note the lack of "England" in those words (jokes about South Africans in the English team aside).

Consider this a general warning. People bringing up the English (or any other team) for no good reason (ie. not as part of the natural flow of conversation or as part of a natural comparison whilst sticking to the central topic of the Australian or South African teams) will be construed by me as trolling and I'll not hesitate to hand out points.

Carry on.
    Doing what andyc can't do I see.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Thread Information