• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Woodster

International Captain
It is funny how guys who have previously had technical issues against decent bowling suddenly find ways to overcome them when they're facing poor bowling. Cook might have found a way around his technical deficiencies...but scoring runs against the poo we served up hasn't really proven anything one way or the other.

The fact is there are some very poor attacks going around at the moment. Makes it hard to judge the batsmen at times. They can only really score runs against the attacks they're given. Cook is a pretty determined bloke, that's for sure. Still reckon he'll nick out more often than not in the corridor, if anyone can actually manage to bowl there consistently. He makes a bowler get it in the right area before they're a threat though, which is to his credit.
Of course top bowlers are more consistent and consequently put the ball in the absolutely right areas more frequently to highlight the technical issues, that's common sense. There are few top bowling attacks around right now, so it will be difficult to say one way or the other. Anyone that will have seen his century against Pakistan in that series will know that was all about mind over technique.

My final word on this before I get told off for taking this thread off topic, is that he did have some success on our tour of SA in 2009/10. One hundred and a couple of fifties suggests he can play top bowling pretty well in generally bowling condfitions.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My Foxtel isn't working :/.

What does the pitch look like? What's a par score? How was Ponting?
Taking your questions in turn:

Green and seaming but may be flattening out, especially when Steyn is off. Not especially fast though.

250 if Steyn bowls a lot. 350 if he doesn't

Brief.

Woodster

International Captain
Done well Clarke, very well so far. Marsh quietly going about his business, and doing a decent support role.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tahir looked alot more impressive last time I saw him bowl.

Only early in his debut though, once he takes a wicket and the batsmen stop looking to walk at him he'll settle down.