• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a long way to go yet, and a couple of good balls could change things completely, but it's nice to see us having a decent crack in trying circumstances. Batsmen have largely been patient so far...or out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sprays them a lot for a man with his record, does Steyn. It's remarkable. It's like he's a miniature, right handed Johnson sometimes, but with a lot more ability.

Burgey

This whole new era of confident poms is gold!!!!
It's also not true. How would you know from watching Australia last summer and India this winter how England will go against quality bowling when the ball is moving about?

Woodster

International Captain
It's also not true. How would you know from watching Australia last summer and India this winter how England will go against quality bowling when the ball is moving about?
Have you ever seen Jon Trott or Ali Cook bat ?

Burgey

Have you ever seen Jon Trott or Ali Cook bat ?
Yeah, I saw Cook about two digs away from being dropped against Pakistan in England. He was amazing here, against rank bowling, and was ok without being fantastic against India. He's a good player, I'm simply saying you can't be taking anything in terms of facing consistently good bowling from how he (and indeed England) went out here.

Trott is a lot more compact technically than Cook, IMO.

Burgey

This is a decent cameo on a difficult deck from Clarke. Hope it becomes substantial.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Yeah, I saw Cook about two digs away from being dropped against Pakistan in England. He was amazing here, against rank bowling, and was ok without being fantastic against India. He's a good player, I'm simply saying you can't be taking anything in terms of facing consistently good bowling from how he went out here.

Trott is a lot more compact technically than Cook, IMO.
Trott is better technically, I do think Cook just finds a way to score runs, it mightn't be pretty, but he finds his way of doing it. He does have technical issues, but reckon he has the right mental strength to just work with them and find a way of not getting them exposed, rather than changing his style to eradicate the problems.

Think a lot of teams struggle against top quality bowling in the right conditions.