• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

uvelocity

International Coach
The Clarke decision and lack of hotspot not really his fault. Plenty of players get reviews wrong so I don't think you can single out WI there.

Spark

Global Moderator
The Clarke decision and lack of hotspot not really his fault. Plenty of players get reviews wrong so I don't think you can single out WI there.
They are singularly terrible though. It's pretty obvious that many of them don't really know how it works.

uvelocity

International Coach
well India are terrible so that makes two. Or were terrible, so terrible they got rid of it. And we have a rubbish review hall of shame too, with an aussie hall of shamer or two itbt. But all he said is we shouldn't have a half arsed system, and we shouldn't. All or none.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm actually more and more inclined to agree, but the WI are really very, very poor. Anyone remember the series down here? Basically became the "Gayle-Chanderpaul Decision Review System"

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
According to the Sky Sports commentary team of Gower, Hussain and Botham, the Indian cricketers including Dhoni are in favour of DRS now and its the board that is opposed to it? Is that true?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
According to the Sky Sports commentary team of Gower, Hussain and Botham, the Indian cricketers including Dhoni are in favour of DRS now and its the board that is opposed to it? Is that true?
They are just going on Dhoni's press conference after the first test when Dhoni said you need to take 15 wickets each innings. They take that to mean that he wants DRS, it might just be him slagging off the umpires who had poor games though.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
some ridiculous howlers in the india vs england test, however bad the DRS may seem its a hell of a lot better than having 5+ woeful howlers in every test, or even more. If the best umpire, Dar, is making continuous howlers, surely compulsory DRS in needed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think it's pathetic that any board can take the huff and say "we're not using it" when it's mandatory for ICC events.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's pathetic that any board can take the huff and say "we're not using it" when it's mandatory for ICC events.
I don't know what ICC is but if it has to be mandatory in cricket, then you have to change around the letters a little bit...Try replacing the 'I' with a 'B' and adding an 'I' in the end.. Then it will truly be mandatory.

They are just going on Dhoni's press conference after the first test when Dhoni said you need to take 15 wickets each innings. They take that to mean that he wants DRS, it might just be him slagging off the umpires who had poor games though.
Well that's just stupid then because Dhoni has criticized umpires on countless occasions.. in West Indies 2011 series, he said pretty much the same thing.. I don't think he has a different stance on DRS now.
Indian cricketers who oppose DRS have no moral right to criticize umpires.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reviewing everything is ruining my viewing experience.
Wish there was a way to only implement it for the howlers. All the borderline stuff is a bit tedious.

No-balls should stop being referred all the time too, getting annoying as ****. (Except in Tahir's case where it was hilarious)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
We are playing cricket here, the gentleman's game. If a batsman edges the ball and is given out lbw, he should just calmly say, excuse me sir I've hit that, please review.

Its ruining my experience too, some of the lbw decisions and faint edges not being awarded are an absolute farce. I want third umpires to have an umpires call (similar to the refs call in Rugby League) where if its not obviously wrong, the umpire on the fields decision stands.

Its crazy to be using technology to the absolute mm, when reports suggest that the tracking is not 100% accurate to the nearest mm.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
We are playing cricket here, the gentleman's game. If a batsman edges the ball and is given out lbw, he should just calmly say, excuse me sir I've hit that, please review.
I take it a step further here - I'd prefer the good old fashioned acceptance method. That's what I love about sport, you take some and you give some but you always respect the umpire's call.

DRS ruins that for me and the no-ball checking is just ridiculous. Detracts from the experience for the viewers who are at the game in particular.

Satyanash89

Banned
No-balls need to be automated FFS... the technology isnt that complicated
This alone would cut down on the annoyance a great deal. And Sehwag, Watson, etc should be banned from reviews... thatll help too

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Has the number of no-balls to wickets falling increased considerably after no-ball referral system started? Would like to know if the umpires were giving benefit of doubt to the bowlers in case of no-balls previously