• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
"At the time, we were under the impression that Hot Spot was very good. It is not necessary for me to dwell on the accuracy of Hot Spot, it was there for everybody to see. The BCCI will, at the next ICC meeting, raise the issue. We want to revisit it because we feel that Hot Spot is insufficient.
I find the above paragraph absolutely hilarious.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
i'll cope an infraction for saying "go suck a* ***" ftr. but not for the yo bcci' part. We abuse players, boards and teams all the time, as long as the abuse is based on their performances and stuff it's fine, of course when you abused players, boards and teams base on their race etc that's not on, but I wasn't, I was abusing the bcci because of their performance re URDS, like how I abused CA for their **** performance re everything Ashes related
yea for that. not the rest obviously.

you might get away with a warning.

ok how about guys like s waugh, anil kumble...

Flem274*

123/5
For goodness sake, less discussion about who might get an infraction and more discussion about the topic please.

Speaking of which, all I have to say is lol.

uvelocity

International Coach
Can someone enlighten me to their beef with hotspot, I've not watched much of the pom v india series, but hotspot is about the only part that works?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone enlighten me to their beef with hotspot, I've not watched much of the pom v india series, but hotspot is about the only part that works?
Hugely debatable. Near useless for inside edges to the keeper, and thin outside edges to the keeper sometimes don't get picked up. Good for sorting out LBW's with doubt over bat or pad first though. Should be kept obv.

quytst0rm

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well, if no action is taken against Spikey then can I assume that I can abuse cricket boards of any country in the way I want?

I need a yes/no answer, please...
He was commenting on the administration and their ignorance not the team, the fans or the country itself. So unless you are N. Srinivasan i don't know why you seem so offended.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Hugely debatable. Near useless for inside edges to the keeper, and thin outside edges to the keeper sometimes don't get picked up. Good for sorting out LBW's with doubt over bat or pad first though. Should be kept obv.
should be used in conjunction with snicko obvzli

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The beef with hotspot is that it doesn't always show thin nicks. Which anyone who watched the Ashes could have told you, yet the BCCI made the inclusion of hotspot a dealbreaker as far as DRS was concerned. Which makes their current position hilarious.

uvelocity

International Coach
The beef with hotspot is that it doesn't always show thin nicks.
Is that all? what clowns. If you take away hotspot you certainly won't do any better on thin nicks then will you.

All this technology coming in was supposed to eliminate the dud calls, and it's been a failure at that. The system for getting it right isn't working.

Spark

Global Moderator
:laugh:

---

HotSpot is by far the weakest element of the UDRS. And even it has some real and important benefits.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Not overly stressed about this unless we're going to have to stop using it against other opponents as well as just India. Was really good to have it in the Ashes, and I hope come the epic 10-match batte starting in just 22 months time.