13 9.63%
  • BCCI is the best organisation out

10 7.41%
Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ***Official*** DRS discussion thread

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    I wouldn't be totally surprised if the truth was that the real agenda is that the BCCI want to charge the companies a fee for allowing them to showcase their wares at their matches
    Pay Tendulkar an indecent amount of money to persuade him to be the 'Correctness Ambassador' for Hawk-Eye; in addition to being the 'Happiness Ambassador' for aerated, coloured, flavoured, acidified and sweetened water?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Yeah. The cameras (being military equipment) and software for Hawkeye/etc. are all licensed, not bought.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Borges View Post
    Pay Tendulkar an indecent amount of money to persuade him to be the 'Correctness Ambassador' for Hawk-Eye; in addition to being the 'Happiness Ambassador' for aerated, coloured, flavoured, acidified and sweetened water?:p
    Is it that difficult to spell cola?

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Yeah. The cameras (being military equipment) and software for Hawkeye/etc. are all licensed, not bought.
    Hmm... but will there be a licensing fee reduction then? I mean one tariff for Bangladesh and the like and another for developed nations?

60K (in fact even half of it) is way too exorbitant imho for a day of cricket if one juxtaposes it with the apparent benefit it offers (avg increases success rate from 92% to 97%)...

But then again, if BCCI does not want to bear the cost of it, it is free to do in home matches. But it has no bloody reason to tell off the countries who want it and actually are willing to pay for it.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Is it that difficult to spell cola?
    He doesn't want to become a happiness ambassador himself.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    It's quite rare so see such flagrant bull**** trotted out, so I almost admire the BCCI's brass neck. They really don't care what anyone else thinks, do they?

The fact that English tests have all the components for UDRS already in place which presumably will be shown on Sky's coverage of the same utterly punctures the whole "it's too expensive for der little 'uns, guv" arguments.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Ahh the BCCI is so patronising. Funny stuff
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    So the BCCI are opposing the UDRS in England because they don't want the ECB to spend money even if the ECB itself is willing? That financial powerhouse of Pakistan, and the filthy rich SLC also want to spend the money but obviously we are overlooking the selfless people of the BCCI who run the game on a shoe string budget out of purely the love of the game. Can we reasonably expect BCCI to be able to scrounge up money to match heavy hitters like Sri Lanka? Too often the little guys are forgotten in cricket. First the associates were left out of the world cup and now the BCCI is being driven to bankruptcy by the shortsighted bigwigs cricket. The other boards are too busy counting money in their palaces in Colombo or Wellington to bother about the little guys trying to make cricket work in India.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    So the BCCI are opposing the UDRS in England because they don't want the ECB to spend money even if the ECB itself is willing? That financial powerhouse of Pakistan, and the filthy rich SLC also want to spend the money but obviously we are overlooking the selfless people of the BCCI who run the game on a shoe string budget out of purely the love of the game. Can we reasonably expect BCCI to be able to scrounge up money to match heavy hitters like Sri Lanka? Too often the little guys are forgotten in cricket. First the associates were left out of the world cup and now the BCCI is being driven to bankruptcy by the shortsighted bigwigs cricket. The other boards are too busy counting money in their palaces in Colombo or Wellington to bother about the little guys trying to make cricket work in India.
    sarcasm aside, BCCI have every right to oppose implementing this out of their pocket for their home tests.

But no ****ing right to decide on behalf of other boards.

sarcasm aside, BCCI have every right to oppose implementing this out of their pocket for their home tests.

But no ****ing right to decide on behalf of other boards.
    Really? Given India earns nearly 3/4 of the total revenues in cricket I don't think I'd go so far as to say they have a right to oppose it.

They saving up to be Scottish or something?

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Really? Given India earns nearly 3/4 of the total revenues in cricket I don't think I'd go so far as to say they have a right to oppose it.

They saving up to be Scottish or something?
    That they have earned it and continues to earn well is no excuse for squandering it. They earned all this much through exercising financial prudence as well.

Yes, if that's the cost per day for implementation, I'd call it's implementation "squandering" if one takes into account cost benefit analysis.

Although the key issue being the correctness of those figures quoted.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Surely that's the implication if you're advocating a slow-mo system but defending India's stance on UDRS? If you're going to do something then do it as well as possible. Use UDRS. It's simple.
    When have I ever defended India's stance on the UDRS? I don't know about Cevno's views but I have always supported the UDRS. With the slow motion I don't see what excuse the BCCI can use to argue against it and it's a fairly good improvement for the time being until the BCCI remove their heads out of their arses.

I'd say they certainly have the right to not use UDRS for the home series but that doesn't change them being insincere and stubborn ****s in that scenario.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    When have I ever defended India's stance on the UDRS? I don't know about Cevno's views but I have always supported the UDRS. With the slow motion I don't see what excuse the BCCI can use to argue against it and it's a fairly good improvement for the time being until the BCCI remove their heads out of their arses.
    Pretty sure Cevno is for the UDRS too.

That they have earned it and continues to earn well is no excuse for squandering it. They earned all this much through exercising financial prudence as well.

Yes, if that's the cost per day for implementation, I'd call it's implementation "squandering" if one takes into account cost benefit analysis.

Although the key issue being the correctness of those figures quoted.
    My point was that if other nations whose income (by definition) is a small fraction of India's can afford to implement UDRS, India pleading poverty is way beyond prudence and into parsimony.

Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread Information