• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

biased indian

International Coach
Would it be interesting to revisit this if UDRS was used in the India-Aus series? Of course it would.

i am sure BCCI will have to give into the UDRS one day. i hope they agree to it after that series.other wise it will be a field day for you :)

and hope swann does play all the 4 test match and is not injured ..other wise BCCI would feel cheated for their whole planning of the last 3 years

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
pretty sure bcci would take it for the aus tour because of what happened last time.

Btw whats all this talk about swann being disadvantaged?
It's the same for everyone else ffs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
pretty sure bcci would take it for the aus tour because of what happened last time.

Btw whats all this talk about swann being disadvantaged?
It's the same for everyone else ffs.
What a silly thing to say.

UDRS overturms lbws from spinners more than seamers.

Swann gets more lbws than Harbajhan, and has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of UDRS. To say it's the same for everyone is stupid, it's like saying Ali Cook wouldn't be more disadvantaged than Trott if the Pull was banned.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let's play Devil's advocate here. How are we to assume Swann played no role in India's decision to maintain the pigheaded stance? The ECB are believed to have puished hard for this, I imagine harder than WICB for example.

If they come out and use UDRS in Australia, what are we to assume then?

Until last week, the general thought was that UDRS was a no-no because Lord Sachin disliked it (which the article also alludes to). Now he's come out and kinda disputed that. Does that mean we now just assume BCCI are being ****s?

I mean I think that's why but unless you were privy to the discussions they had about whether to use it for this series, then what gives anyone the right to dismiss possible reasoning?

I personally am in line with the Brumby line if thought; they are just arses because they can be. But is it possible they considered it this time out? Well Tendulkar seems to have eased on it. So maybe it is? Who knows?

The fact is, Swann might well be less of a threat minus UDRS (cbf to check but pretty sure his average has dropped by about 3 since we started using it) and India will benefit from this. It's not as offensive a leap as you seem to think to assume that theirs hidden motivation there.
It's still a long bow, and I think you know that. Again, it is fair enough for Indian fans to come here and absolutely pan this article, because it was incredibly provocative and sensationalist, and provided little evidence to suggest that India actually even thought of Swann when opposing the UDRS.

The article has a right to speculate, and we have a right to laugh our **** off at it.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
What a silly thing to say.

UDRS overturms lbws from spinners more than seamers.

Swann gets more lbws than Harbajhan, and has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of UDRS. To say it's the same for everyone is stupid, it's like saying Ali Cook wouldn't be more disadvantaged than Trott if the Pull was banned.
He gets more lbws because he uses urds. Therefore, he has a higher proportion of lbws than harbhi. If both used urds or didn't use, their proportion of lbws would be quite similar.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He gets more lbws because he uses urds. Therefore, he has a higher proportion of lbws than harbhi. If both used urds or didn't use, their proportion of lbws would be quite similar.
Pretty sure he gets more lbws than Harbajhan anyway, but happy to be proved wrong if someone can be bothered to get some stats

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty sure he gets more lbws than Harbajhan anyway, but happy to be proved wrong if someone can be bothered to get some stats

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's because he's a more attacking bowler at this stage and his mode of operation is different to Harbhajan. I think Harbhajan when he was at his best was getting a lot of bat-pads due to being good in Indian conditions (with wearing pitches) and the loop and dip he used to get. Not so much anymore. Bowled so poorly yesterday. :(

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's still a long bow, and I think you know that. Again, it is fair enough for Indian fans to come here and absolutely pan this article, because it was incredibly provocative and sensationalist, and provided little evidence to suggest that India actually even thought of Swann when opposing the UDRS.

The article has a right to speculate, and we have a right to laugh our **** off at it.
As I said, it's essentially a cheerleading article disguised as a rant towards BCCI for being idiots over UDRS.

Personally, I prefer my journalists not to tell me who I should want to win or lose. I'll decide for myself, thanks.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Whether or not India should be afraid of Swann, I highly doubt they actually are, and their position on UDRS has been consistent throughout. Reckon the majority of that article is trash, tbh.

Bun

Banned
just happened to stumble on this, from 09 series in WI,

espncricinfo.com/wiveng2009/content/story/389874.html