• Opposed

13 9.63%
  • BCCI is the best organisation out

10 7.41%
Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ***Official*** DRS discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    Clearly not much of a debate here and like most I would like to see it in every series. UDRS could be improved but it's better than what came before. Opponents of UDRS seem to basically be arguing that a 95% system is better than a 99% system because the latter isn't 100%.
    Bullet!!!!.
    ~ Cribbage

Given that the technology is not infallible (e.g. seems the margin of error on ball hitting stumps is half a ball width, snicko cant be used for whatever reason etc) and we've also seen the 3rd umpire making mistakes in spit of its presence, I'm against its wholesale adoption

Leave it for very basic stuff like no-balls, runouts/stumpings, point of contact with pitch/pad etc and the rest up to the umpire

I've actually come to miss the human element in decision making and feel the wholesale adoption of technology has taken something away from the current Ashes test series

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Clearly not much of a debate here and like most I would like to see it in every series. UDRS could be improved but it's better than what came before. Opponents of UDRS seem to basically be arguing that a 95% system is better than a 99% system because the latter isn't 100%.
    Sums up my views pretty much perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Not a fan of the limited number of referals. Make 'em unlimited or at least increase the number and would support it. Also if the hawk eye says it is hitting the stumps, it should be given out regardless of the margin.
    This was a serious post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blocky View Post
    As for Sharma, sorry but he's the only Indian bowler outside of Khan who has consistently managed to take wickets away from home and trouble good batsman. Shami looks highly promising but India don't have better seam options than Sharma at the moment in test cricket. Quite simple.
    RIP Craigos. Owe you a beer.:(

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2186298-post7381.html

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    But hawk eye isn't accurate enough to say that, which is why there margin of error has to be there.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Not a fan of the limited number of referals. Make 'em unlimited or at least increase the number and would support it. Also if the hawk eye says it is hitting the stumps, it should be given out regardless of the margin.
    The number of referrals is unlimited though: as long as you're using your referrals to overturn wrong decisions (see Cook's dismissal and the 2 referrals used in Australia's 2nd innings in this Test) then you won't run out.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Needs a bit of re-jigging, but effectively we're getting closer to eliminating the shockers, which is the main thing for mine.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    But hawk eye isn't accurate enough to say that, which is why there margin of error has to be there.
    Tbf, Hawkeye is consistent. So whilst marginal calls might have been missing the stumps, they also might have been hitting. So as long as the margin for error on the cameras is the same around the world, I'd have no issue with all balls Hawkeye says to be clipping the stumps being given out.
    Benefit of the doubt goes to the batsman enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Tbf, Hawkeye is consistent. So whilst marginal calls might have been missing the stumps, they also might have been hitting. So as long as the margin for error on the cameras is the same around the world, I'd have no issue with all balls Hawkeye says to be clipping the stumps being given out.
    Benefit of the doubt goes to the batsman enough as it is.
    Nah, I am a firm believer in the theory that benefit of the doubt has to be with the batsman.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

Spot on.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer weed wizard's Avatar
    I would blindly say , yes.
    Adding HOTSPOT, HAWKEYE, SNICKOMETRE together wil b good for cricket.

As far as BCCI is concerned, they sure are the dumbest board in the city.
    President George W. Bush was
    once a cheerleader!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weed wizard View Post

As far as BCCI is concerned, they sure are the dumbest board in the city.
    The PCB begs to differ

School Boy/Girl Cricketer weed wizard's Avatar
    Couldnt agree more, mate.
    But BCCI is even dumber

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    The number of referrals is unlimited though: as long as you're using your referrals to overturn wrong decisions (see Cook's dismissal and the 2 referrals used in Australia's 2nd innings in this Test) then you won't run out.
    This. Having unlimited unsuccessful reviews is a bad idea, as teams would just feel inclined to go upstairs for every thing.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Unashamedly a fan. Was initially anti as I thought the partial way it would be applied by captains could be an issue (and I wasn't entirely wrong), but it's so much better than not having it.

Still needs tweaking, but if it overturns just one duff call it's justified its worth IMHO.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information