• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

Teja.

Global Moderator
While I don't like several aspects of UDRS, It's obviously a better than human umpiring if you ignore all the crappy emotional perspectives about it leaving a more bitter feeling when it goes wrong - the 1/99 time it does go wrong - than a judgmental error from an umpire . Get it in ASAP IMO. Sachin can suck it, in all honesty.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If India make it to the final, I really hope Tendulkar cops an absolute shocker that he successfully reviews.

shivfan

Banned
Obviously the BCCI had nothing to do with the NZ-Pak series not having UDRS. However, the fact that they managed to get South Africa to not use it for the SA-Ind series, despite playing in South Africa is pretty average. Have said it before, but it gets my goat so much. You can't hold a series hostage by threatening to go home halfway through it because of poor umpiring, and then when a solution is brought in, refuse to use it because a few veteran players aren't fans of it and you ended up on the wrong side of it while it was still going through some teething problems.

Love Dhoni's solution as well, namely that the umpires should improve their games instead. Because without Dhoni telling them to do so, the umps obviously wouldn't care if they got it right or wrong 8-)
That's my issue too....

The West Indies have played home series against South Africa and England, using UDRS, and with all its flaws, it's turned out better to have UDRS for these series than to not have it at all - much better! I expect the West Indies to use UDRS for their home series against Pakistan in April, and the series following that will be against India. I would be disappointed if the WICB should prove to be as spineless as CSA and bow to BCCI pressure and not use UDRS, but I wouldn't be too surprised....

shivfan

Banned
I am still in favour, just need the umpires to use some sense.
Exactly....

Bowden's nonsensical interpretation would've been the same if he didn't have UDRS. At least with UDRS, weaker teams like the West Indies have a court of higher appeal to turn to.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The frustrating thing is that India are the one board that need convincing about UDRS, and incidents like yesterday's don't help.

It's like finally persuading that hot chick that you've been chasing for ages to finally have *** with you, promising her the best night of her life then blowing your load in 30 seconds when you get down to it.
:laugh:

And then, having people argue that this is reason for no-one ever to have *** again.

Teja.

Global Moderator
:laugh:

And then, having people argue that this is reason for no-one ever to have *** again.
I apologize for being the pedantic asshole who kills the joke but this statement is untrue because the BCCI(The hot chick) aren't saying no-one should have *** again, They're just saying the ***ual stamina of the guy isn't as great as everyone of their friends is talking about and they don't want to have *** with the guy unless he gets an enlargement or something and they're not willing to get into a threesome involving the guy and another chick who finds the guy to be an animal in bed. So in a real world analogy, The BCCI are saying they prefer no *** to not completely satisfactory ***.

Of course the analogy does't do justice to transferring the entire meaning but that's the best we can get without breaking the foundations of the analogy. :p

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was referring to certain posters' arguments, rather than the BCCI. But, yes, the analogy had run its course.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Opponents of UDRS seem to basically be arguing that a 95% system is better than a 99% system because the latter isn't 100%.
And bears repeating yet again. Just in case, you know, people missed it the first 780 times it was quoted.

Yesterdays game would not have been improved by the removal of the UDRS. Maybe it didn't help, but re-read that statement above. No other statements are needed.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
World Cup 2011: ICC criticism of Dhoni out of line - India | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

"There are a set of rules along with the Hawk-Eye to assist in making the decision when UDRS is implemented ... Most of the time, a player is not fully aware of all the rules. If MS Dhoni is made aware of the specifications of these rules, then I am sure that he will accept the decision that was made."
This has got to be the most innocuous 'criticism' of all time. The BCCI think Dhoni will be 'pressured' by this statement? Haha. Tools.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, that is idiotic. Do they want to get it to a point where no one is allowed to say anything about any Indian cricketer, ever?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The BCCI are a bunch of tools. Is anyone really surprised about this?

The good thing is that, previously, they'd been merely known as toolie tool-bagging toolerific pen15's but now, with this, they just look really dumb. Hopefully the ICC doesn't respond publically and just lets this be the final (idiotic) word.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, that is idiotic. Do they want to get it to a point where no one is allowed to say anything about any Indian cricketer, ever?
The infraction thread is in Site Discussion mate, discuss the mod policies there, can you keep this stuff out of Cricket Chat please.

:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Four decisions have been overturned in the Canada vs. Pakistan match in Canada's batting innings.

Four.

That's right, four incorrect decisions.

You cannot argue against the UDRS. You just can't.

shivfan

Banned
Anyone who opposes UDRS should be tied to a chair and forced to watch Canada's innings against Pakistan in today's match....

Howe_zat

Audio File
Harper's doing his level best to convince everyone of the case for the UDRS. Can't blame him, he's probably sick of being relied on to make decisions.