• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well if it’s about challenges, then we can debate whether to give the Captains more than currently allocated. But the argument still shouldn’t be that “either you give them more challenges or we don’t want this system at all”. That logic is puzzling to me.
Why is it puzzling that we want no restriction on number of referrals/challenges ? It is not just that, I want this system taken out of Captain's control and be given to Umpires.

In the case of Ponting, I don’t mind him appealing that decision. It was indeed a close call “live” and I can see why he would want to refer it. He did and he lost the decision. Whether he agrees with the UDRS call is irrelevant to this debate IMO, because even if there was no UDRS system in place, the original call would have been “not out”. Hence the outcome doesn’t change with or without UDRS.
So we ended up wasting a lot of time for nothing, right ? That's why the "time consuming" argument does not fly with me, even more so in a test match. It is five days already, when I started watching Cricket, we used to have 6 day test matches, time is not a factor for me.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So if I understand you correctly, you’re saying that that decision was too close to call and Ponting shouldn’t have lost a challenge. Then your beef is not with the concept of UDRS as a whole, but with the number of challenges? Like I said above, I think that aspect can be debated.
I am sorry, but that has been tried before and it ended up with "Dhoni was Stupid" argument.I do not believe BCCI will have any problem if we removed the limit on challenges.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That means your credibility on the debate is Zero. Which is not surprising anyways because you are the most vocal proponent of "Dhoni was Stupid" type arguments.
There is no snicko used at the times you have indicated.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
There is no snicko used at the times you have indicated.
If there was no Snicko then how dod you claim that there was 'no noise on snicko' ?

You're right, apart from there being no mark on hotspot where the ball passed the bat, no noise, no deviation of the seam when looked at in ultramotion and no noise on snicko, there was plenty of doubt whether or not Pietersen had hit it.
And if there was no snicko, it begs a question why not ? Because there is a definite noise that can be heard.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If there was no Snicko then how dod you claim that there was 'no noise on snicko' ?

And if there was no snicko, it begs a question why not ? Because there is a definite noise that can be heard.
Snicko takes a few minutes to get ready. During the Test, they produced it and there was no noise.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It did get used, and there was no noise, which is what I've been saying all a-****ing-long.
Wow I am really intimidated by that post and the language, I am going to bow down to the master and be your slave from now onwards. 8-)8-)

So where is the proof. I am sure a video of that can be produced. If so please have it ready next time you post anything about snicko being used or just shut up.

Fusion

Global Moderator
It did get used, and there was no noise, which is what I've been saying all a-****ing-long.
Wow I am really intimidated by that post and the language, I am going to bow down to the master and be your slave from now onwards. 8-)8-)

So where is the proof. I am sure a video of that can be produced. If so please have it ready next time you post anything about snicko being used or just shut up.
Ok, that’s enough. I don’t think either of you is convincing the other of your viewpoint, so let’s just move on before the discussion becomes even more heated.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

I saw it with my own eyes. I'm not responsible for it not being on YouTube.

Flem274*

123/5
After that regulation nick not given just then, anyone against UDRS will be locked in a room with GI Hoe as punishment.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It seems the ICC have reserved the worst umpires for this NewZealand vs Pakistan series.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
After that regulation nick not given just then, anyone against UDRS will be locked in a room with GI Hoe as punishment.
If the system I want were implemented there'd have been no incorrect decision either, FFS. Good luck when you run out of referrals.

Last edited: