• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa Domestic Season 2011/12

SeamUp

International Coach
Franchise debut in List A cricket with the Lions as well. Plenty of time for de Kock to get a big hundred against a very good domestic attack.
Just run himself out stupidly for 83. He will be kicking himself. :ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, a 50 ball hundred for Levi, including 10 sixes. Why he didn't get a go in the 20/20s was beyond me. Had to play, especially after the pasting he gave NSW.

SeamUp

International Coach
First time I've seen Marchant De Lange and he does looks very decent. Gets close into the stumps and uses his height nicely. Got decent pace as well.

List A debut for his Titans franchise today and while expensive he got five-for to follow up his five-for against Australia for SA 'A' a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Parney has the technique of a proper batsman and can combine power with that. Good move by the Warriors but JJ Smuts will come right back into the team. Parney does need to get higher up the order somehow.

Must say, saw a bit of the Knights v Dolphins game. Really impressed with another young quick in Dane Paterson who the Dolphins got from Cobras (WP). Bowls sharpish away swingers with a very strong action.

The greatest thing about the game though was all the young talent on show from 20-22 years of age.

Faf in red hot form!

SeamUp

International Coach
WOW, this Marchant De Lange is quick. Watched him 3 times now and he is regularly over the 140mark and gets it up to 149kmph as his quickest this morning. Thats all off a short run up. Exciting!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to hear, shame about the wides though. Titans sent down 50+ (40+ wides) extras, a new national record.

Virus been in good touch. 140 odd (career best) on birthday last week followed up with decent scores in the last two games as well. Pressure on Rudolph but I would rather they drop Prince and let Virus bat 6 or Rudolph if he wants.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jacques Kallis played a domestic game yesterday. Hasn’t played one in donkey’s years and God knows the last time he played a FC game. Bit unfair for the Dolphins, Smith and Steyn were also playing for the Cobras, so no surprises to see the Cobras win with overs and then some to spare. Levi batting well again and still got a 140+ SR (45+ better than anyone else). Hope he debuts against Sri Lanka.

SeamUp

International Coach
Good win for the Cobras last night. You know you have a good squad when you can leave out Andrew Puttick, Herschelle Gibbs (available after injury), Stiaan Van Zyl (SA Inv XI), Vernon Philander and Rory Kleinveldt.

Really good knock from Levi last night, prob the most mature I've seen. Unrealy how he jabs sixes.

Thought the new young spinner, Simon Harmer, for Warriors was impressive. Very attacking off-spinner.

SeamUp

International Coach
Virus been in good touch. 140 odd (career best) on birthday last week followed up with decent scores in the last two games as well. Pressure on Rudolph but I would rather they drop Prince and let Virus bat 6 or Rudolph if he wants.
Its going to be a tough call but at least they've included Petersen in the squad. JP needs to play domestic cricket and try and overcome his demons and score hundreds again.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Parnell batting top six in FC cricket, especially now given the bowling has fallen away.

Looks like all the surfaces have some life, Lions bowled out for 86, Warriors 7 down for 166 and the Knights were 5 down for 100 before Rossouw rescued them. Rilee's first franchise game of the season as well.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Good to see Parnell batting top six in FC cricket, especially now given the bowling has fallen away.

Looks like all the surfaces have some life, Lions bowled out for 86, Warriors 7 down for 166 and the Knights were 5 down for 100 before Rossouw rescued them. Rilee's first franchise game of the season as well.
Warriors and SA need to have faith that he will come good. Maybe not at 19 but possibly 24-25. I think we all know he has the potential.

SeamUp

International Coach
The prestigious SA schools cricket has come and gone and the SA u19 selection is edging closer for the trangular series against Zimabawe and Pakistan in January & February. The squad for this series and possibly the u19 WC in Australia in the middle of the year will be announced after the franchise u19 week right at the beginning of January.

SA schools cricket week was dominated by the quick bowlers largely and the stand out players that made the SA Schools XI are..

BATSMEN: Jean Bredenkamp (Boland), Diego Rosier (Griquas), Lesiba Ngoepe (Easterns)
KEEPER: Murray Coetzee (Northerns)
SPINNER: Prenelan Subrayen (Natal Coastal)
FAST BOWLERS: Calvin Savage (Natal Inland), Corne Dry (Free State), Craig Kirsten (Natal Coastal), Jan Frylinck (Boland)

In the feature match against Cobras, they lost by 8 wickets and the Cobras chased down 232 with 6 overs to spare.Coetzee getting 59, Rosier getting 71* and Calvin Savage getting the wicket along with a run out.

I expect the following to be in the mix for SA u19 selection after Franchise Cubs week. 11 of the players who were part of the successful u19 tour to England are available for the u19 WC in Brisbane.

BATSMEN/KEEPERS batting all-rounders

Quinton DE KOCK (19) Lions
Gihahn CLOETE (19) Knights
Theunis DE BRUYN (19) Titans
Jean BREDENKAMP (18) Cobras....rmf
Murray COETZEE (18) Titans
Diego ROSIER (17) Knights....rls
Lesiba NGOEPE (18) Titans...sla
Shaylen PILLAY (17) Lions.....rmf
Regardt VERSTER (18) Titans...sla
Jean-Pierre KOK (18) Titans....rmf
Senuran MUTHUSAMY (17) Dolphins...ros
David BEDINGHAM (17) Cobras
Jurie SNYMAN (16) Titans...ros

SPINNER

Prenelan SUBRAYEN (18) Dolphins

FAST BOLWERS bowling all-rounders

Corne DRY (18) Knights
Calvin SAVAGE (18) Dolphins....all-rounder
Craig KIRSTEN (17) Dolphins
Jan FRYLINCK (17) Cobras.....all-rounder
Jovaun VAN WYNGAARDT (18) Titans....all-rounder
Vincent MOORE (17) Titans........all-rounder
Solomzi NQWENI (18) Warriors
Rabian ENGELBRECHT (19) Cobras
Lizaad WILLIAMS (18) Cobras
Daryn DUPAVILLON (17) Dolphins
Anrich NORTJE (18) Warriors

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach

I am perplexed that the powers that be haven't let him know his obvious flaws.

He is too flat through the crease and not using his right-arm enough to get through his action and not coming over the top anymore and hence he has lost his in-swinger that made him a huge talent.

The Warriors coach, Piet Botha, was a left-arm swing bowler himself so he should have an idea.

On batting at 6, definitely a good move.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Vaughn Van Jaarsveld's 3 month ban ended yesterday. So he will be back in the mix for the Dolphins.

One of the wierdest cricketing careers I have followed.

MrPrez

International Debutant
What's the deal with Jurie Snyman, he's as old as me and possibly in line to represent u19s? Amazing.

Any Warriors fans here?

SeamUp

International Coach
What's the deal with Jurie Snyman, he's as old as me and possibly in line to represent u19s? Amazing.

Any Warriors fans here?
Won CSA u15 player of the year, two years in a row. A bit perplexed how he didn't make the SA colts team (2nd side to SA Schools) at least as he was in the top 10 run scorers. But he is in the SA u19 pipeline and goes to the training camps already. Just got sponsored by MAXED along with David Bedingham (player ahead of him in list). New cricket equipment sponsors...Morne Van Wyk of the Knights uses MAXED.

Cobras fan. :)