Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 234

Thread: South Africa Domestic Season 2011/12

  1. #31
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    de Wet on debut for the Dolphins. Getting a bit of tap, as is Imran Tahir but he can be given a bit of a reprieve as its still September and hardly the sort of conditions suited for spin. Tahir picked a wicket up today with his second ball mind.

    Nantie Wayward also back playing cricket after a 2 year absence and is as wayward as ever. Looks like he may have broken down after 5 overs as well.
    I cannot believe Nantie has popped up again. Seriously

    Marchant De Lange has been pretty tidy in the game against the Knights. Matt Maynard must rate him because Viljoen has been ahead of him for Titans up till now and he got a five-for in the semi-pro game for Easterns today did Viljoen.

    Brendan Young who is playing for WP has serious pace and is very raw. Hoping Pybus can work with him like he did with Steyn who was also very raw at the same age. Just bowls too many boundary balls and his pace can be used...in between the boundaries he bowls a lot of dot balls so he needs to cut out 1 or 2 of the bad deliveries per over. A note in that game is the hundred from Hulett, he is a good talent and contracted with Dolphins.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 29-09-2011 at 11:01 AM.

  2. #32
    jan
    jan is offline
    First Class Debutant jan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    city of a 100 spires
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    The longer format of the game isn't shown on SuperSport in South Africa anymore. Its been like that for the last 5 years or so.
    Like most games all over the world, the best place is to just follow on cricinfo.
    Too boring for tv viewers compared to other sports or just too much sport that cricket had to be cut?
    Thanks Seamup .)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, any fastbowler's bunny, grainy low-res streams watcher

  3. #33
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Too boring for tv viewers compared to other sports or just too much sport that cricket had to be cut?
    Thanks Seamup .)
    Its a combination of things really, SuperSport show every international cricket game from around the world and they also show a lot of domestic limited overs stuff as well so its just a balancing out of costs.

    Considering all the rugby and football played in our country and a lot of domestic football from the major European leagues is also shown live.

    Also tennis and golf so its just a balancing of costs and where they can cut costs where necessary and our domestic 4-day stuff was one of them I guess.

  4. #34
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,568
    Far effort from Virus. Scored over half the Lions runs and recorded his best score for the franchise. Before this game he had never hit over 140 runs in franchise cricket and only passed 150+ for Glamorgan and in amateur cricket.

    Also, 6 wickets and a career best for medium pacer Robert Frylinck. Only Frylinck's 10th FC game in 2 and a bit years after turning into a limited overs specialist.


  5. #35
    International Debutant Briony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    2,075
    I noticed that Obus Pienaar has an unbeaten ton at a 75 strike-rate. Know people here don't rate him as highly as some of their other youngsters but he seems to turn out some impressive performances. Deeb and Rudolph have also scored tons this round.

  6. #36
    International Debutant Briony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    2,075
    Rudolph had a better round than Petersen. It may influence selection for the first test. Pienaar starred again in the second innings - definitely scores quickly. Deeb made a ton too but I think is meant to be more of a bowler.

  7. #37
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    I cannot believe Nantie has popped up again. Seriously
    Ha, me too. Didn't know he was back until I saw this post.

    Still, he's the third-best ginger Test fast-bowler SA have produced since readmission

  8. #38
    State Vice-Captain popepouri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    1,135
    David Weise scores a run a ball hundred and takes 7 wickets.

  9. #39
    Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    5,481
    Don't think Jaques Rudolph can do any more than he has done in the opening rounds to secure a place in the Test side ahead Alviro Petersen, with scores of 80, 54, 118, 19, 210 and 87 (568 runs at 94.66), pretty awesome form indeed. The guy in second place in the leading runscorers in the Supersport Series is - Alviro Petersen, he's made 323 at 53.83, so his form is not too shabby either! If they have serious thoughts about opening with Rudolph at some point in the future for SA, then he's unlikely to ever be in better runscoring form than he currently is.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

  10. #40
    State Vice-Captain popepouri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    Don't think Jaques Rudolph can do any more than he has done in the opening rounds to secure a place in the Test side ahead Alviro Petersen, with scores of 80, 54, 118, 19, 210 and 87 (568 runs at 94.66), pretty awesome form indeed. The guy in second place in the leading runscorers in the Supersport Series is - Alviro Petersen, he's made 323 at 53.83, so his form is not too shabby either! If they have serious thoughts about opening with Rudolph at some point in the future for SA, then he's unlikely to ever be in better runscoring form than he currently is.
    Rudolph was always in and there abouts with the NAT. The problem was his inability to step up to the next level. That was 6-7 years ago so who knows now.

  11. #41
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by popepouri View Post
    Rudolph was always in and there abouts with the NAT. The problem was his inability to step up to the next level. That was 6-7 years ago so who knows now.
    A number of guys have had good "second comings" if you can call it that, especially Australians.

    Langer, martyn, Hayden to name a few. And McKenzie had a pretty decwent second stab at Test cricket if you are looking for a Saffa.

    So, I think Rudoplh could definitely make a go at a successful test career again.

  12. #42
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,441
    I've never seen anything but a top notch player from Rudolph.

    If South Africa had someone else filling the space through weight of Test performance, or even a specially talented youngster, I'd see the reason for keeping him out. But Petersen is really neither.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

  13. #43
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,441
    Also, did anyone else hear about Weshaam Keraan's FC debut? Scored 189* in a match where the next highest score was 55*. I know it's second tier cricket, just happy for the guy.

  14. #44
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I've never seen anything but a top notch player from Rudolph.

    If South Africa had someone else filling the space through weight of Test performance, or even a specially talented youngster, I'd see the reason for keeping him out. But Petersen is really neither.
    Would Rudolph be allowed to replace Petersen, who's Coloured?

    Genuine question, I've always been under the impression that 4 of South Africa's XI had to be players who were previously disadvantaged - their last Test lineup contained Petersen (coloured), Amla (Indian), Prince (coloured) and Tsotsobe (African). Can a white cricketer come in for any of the 4 mentioned?

  15. #45
    International Debutant Briony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Would Rudolph be allowed to replace Petersen, who's Coloured?

    Genuine question, I've always been under the impression that 4 of South Africa's XI had to be players who were previously disadvantaged - their last Test lineup contained Petersen (coloured), Amla (Indian), Prince (coloured) and Tsotsobe (African). Can a white cricketer come in for any of the 4 mentioned?

    Think occasionally they've played three non-whites. If Tahir plays instead of Harris it changes the balance. Surely though, Rudolph should replace Smith, not Petersen. The former should play domestic cricket to get into form for the SL series; he looks too much like a walking wicket for the Aussie ones with Bollinger and /or Johnson ready to knock him over first ball. Surely anybody who palpably can't play left-arm bowling shouldn't be playing for his country.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Build-up to Indian Domestic Season 2009-10
    By Arjun in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 390
    Last Post: 15-02-2010, 01:30 AM
  2. State Cricket (Season XIII-XIV)
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Offseason Club Cricket
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 19-05-2008, 04:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •