• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kochi Tuskers Kerala given suspension notice

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
IPL news: Kochi Tuskers Kerala given suspension notice | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

The Kochi Tuskers Kerala franchise has been issued a suspension notice for non-payment of a bank guarantee, PTI has reported. The decision was reportedly taken by the BCCI in its Annual General Meeting in Mumbai on Monday.

In March 2010, the Sahara group bid $370m to became owners of the Pune franchise while a consortium of five companies called Rendezvous Sports World offered US$333.33m for Kochi.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Can we have Sreesanth as he is available now? We need a bowler for t20 league who is good but not so good it would be suspicious hes a pro :D

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can we have Sreesanth as he is available now? We need a bowler for t20 league who is good but not so good it would be suspicious hes a pro :D
I'll do it. Haven't bowled for about 10 years but I reckon I'd still do better.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
do feel bad for the players and staff ftr. I assume Kochi will be replaced by a new team and the displaced players will go there, but the staff?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
How many times have they been terminated now? :p It's getting boring watching all these teams getting terminated and then reinstated. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we see Kochi again next year. Are they taking the piss out of Pakistan :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just can't understand why Pakistani players aren't allowed. It's getting beyond ridiculous. For all you know if Aamer had got an IPL contract he might have not been tempted to take that offer from Majeed..

Bun

Banned
I just can't understand why Pakistani players aren't allowed. It's getting beyond ridiculous. For all you know if Aamer had got an IPL contract he might have not been tempted to take that offer from Majeed..
politics. i am divided on the issue.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah,they should be allowed now.

They were initially denied entry because the union government broke off links with Pakistan after 26/11 but now that they are talking again, i guess now it is a ego battle between PCB and BCCI more than anything else.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah,they should be allowed now.

They were initially denied entry because the union government broke off links with Pakistan after 26/11 but now that they are talking again, i guess now it is a ego battle between PCB and BCCI more than anything else.
Things still have a while before getting back to normal - when Usman Khawaja initially gets his visa application turned down because the Indian government treated him as a Pakistani national, not as an Australian, then that tells me it's going to be a while for Indo-Pak relations to return to normal, which has unfortunate cricketing consequences.