• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Dale Steyn become the fastest bowler to 300 Test wickets?

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Didn't realise he was averaging close to 30 for the year. And his strike rate is way up as a result, taking him nearly 10 overs per wicket.
Been playing away all year, and that mostly on flatter tracks (although NZ wasn't as flat). I expect him to fire back home.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, he has been less than dominating this year, but some good spells along the way. I was thinking along the lines of how great it would be to have Steyn, Donald and Pollock/Adcock as a bowling line-up.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Comfortably. When you consider that Zaheer and Anderson are rated as 2 of the best behind him and they average over 30 it shows how good Steyn is. In time Philander may be better but he needs to prove it over a longer period. Such a shame Asif was a plank.
Please don't mention this arsehole. Ruined the God given talent he never deserved in the first place. Makes my blood boil.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So Steyn slots in joint third, and level with Hadlee and Marshall. Second fastest in terms of balls bowled.

1) DK Lillee 56 matches
2) M Muralitharan 58 matches
3) DW Steyn 61 matches
4) RJ Hadlee 61 matches
5) MD Marshall 61 matches
6) SK Warne 63 matches
7) AA Donald 63 matches
8) GD McGrath 64 matches
9) FS Trueman 65 matches
10) Waqar Younis 65 matches

smash84

The Tiger King
oh...wouldn't have guessed that since Waqar is number 10 in the list above....Teja would be delighted to know