• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Modern Era Draft

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure Kallis's bowling is too much value in this tbh or whether even having him as 5th bowler would be a big differentiator or wise.
who's adding more value to the team? tendulkar or kallis?

kallis was a reasonably quick swing bowler until a few years ago, so basically most of his career. hence his bowling does make some difference...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah I don't think he intended to wind anyone up.
Doesn't seem outright offensive or anything but it's still pretty dire to bring a sore point between him and other posters into something where it doesn't really belong.

Himannv

International Coach
Doesn't seem outright offensive or anything but it's still pretty dire to bring a sore point between him and other posters into something where it doesn't really belong.
Dont see why it matters. This is just a game. Those who didn't like the idea simply didn't have to play.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dont see why it matters. This is just a game. Those who didn't like the idea simply didn't have to play.
Wasn't really suggesting anything is wrong with having a draft from a certain point, but a member who is having some troubles with some big Tendulkar fans, makes a draft where anything prior to Tendulkar even his contemporaries is irrelevant. And makes this point a couple times in the OP.

Just seems entirely unnecessary.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The OP.

I can see no real reason why Tendulkar's debut, and playing against people is in there for any reason but to try wind people up. Could have very easily just chucked a date in there.
The time since Tendulkar debuted is a pretty good measure of the "modern era". He's the earliest cricketer who's still playing, so the time since he debuted is what we can really consider to be this generation of cricketers.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The time since Tendulkar debuted is a pretty good measure of the "modern era". He's the earliest cricketer who's still playing, so the time since he debuted what we can really consider to be this generation of cricketers.
Yeah I don't really have any issue with the definition in itself but since it is GF saying it I'm weary that a couple of the more inflammatory Indian posters would see it as some kind of sleight.

Even with me showing some trepidation over the possibilities of this thread turning into yet another us vs. them debate has turned into another annoying Tendulkar tiff. FML.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think it is anything offensive or intended to troll tbh.

Just a bit complicated.

Last edited: