• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sangakkara!

hang on

State Vice-Captain
100 tests. Ta for the memories....so far. May there be many more.

Being a bit greedy but really looking forward to a 100 in this test.

Anyway, time for a quasi retrospective.

What are your best memories of the man? Where does he stand in the pantheon of great subcontinental batsmen? What about great world batsmen?

Feel free to bring in his ODI exploits too.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I loved his Cowdrey lecture - and those two fours off Johnson in the current over were a bit special. Class player, class man.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I can forgive him now for not playing for Lancs last summer

..... and I suppose the huge anticipation of having him for a season speaks volumes for highly I rate him

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There, it happened again, it must be true

Welcome back Eddie - just two questions

1. Are you going to stick around?
2. How's the duck?

Bun

Banned
Has the potential to retire with an average of 60 or very close to it.
Unlikely. He's no spring chicken (34) and it's hard to expect everyone to do a Tendulkar/Gooch post 35.

If he plays for another 4 years, he'll have to avg about 75 to end up with such an average.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Unlikely. He's no spring chicken (34) and it's hard to expect everyone to do a Tendulkar/Gooch post 35.

If he plays for another 4 years, he'll have to avg about 75 to end up with such an average.
Which he's been pretty close to averaging recently anyway. It's not like Sangakkara needs to massively up his form to average 75.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Who knows? Even if he average 70 will finish quite close to it. Few digs against WI and BAN would help too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Never stops being weird to hear people talking about an an average like it's an achievement in its own right. It's a measurement, no more, no less.

methew123

Banned
cricket is a good games for me i am fast bowler and playing cricket last 20 years i look many player but i don't forget saeed anwer this is player Good gave lots of technique always played very well good start from opening team look as a big score when stay on the pitch.