• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matt Prior - England's Greatest Asset

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Totally agree. One of the most underrated players of his generation.

In 40 years or so people will look back at his stats and will put him in the top 5 or so of all time. Alongside Flower, Gilchrist, Knott etc.

He could/should break every English keeping record going, unless he gets badly injured. Most appearances, most runs, most dismissals, most catches, most centuries, most 50+ scores, highest average, most Test wins as keeper etc. etc.

Hopefully Jonny Bairstow will step up in time and replace him as soon as he decides to retire. But I reckon it will take a good 15+ years to properly replace him.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Good read, retweeted.
I like MP as a player and I think I would like him as a person too, cool guy indeed. A real badass bald sportsmen :)

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
He quite well maybe. His keeping is under rated and his batting is versatile he can pile on the runs quickly or to rescue the batting and usher the tail as required.
Dont know why people keep putting Flower in that list, his keeping was not that good. We can use Ames in that comparision instead.

slowfinger

International Debutant
He looked like he belonged in a Rugby field, but yeah . A lot of respect for that guy, wicketkeeping second to none, average of 45+ , enjoying what he is doing, wow!