• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best fast bowler in the world right now - Tests

Who is the bet fast bowler in Tests - Any conditions

• Total voters

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Which fast bowler is currently the best in the world in a test match for any set of conditions. Perth, Leeds, Durban, Columbo or Mumbai. So were looking for all round skill here not just one asset.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Did any of you hear Steyn recently saying that he thought Anderson was the best bowler in the world. I don't agree with that but I thought it was interesting.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Was Asif also great for all conditions, or did he have any weakness?

Anderson's favourite bowler is Asif. He keeps talking about him in interviews.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
With due respect to Anderson and Khan, the answer is Steyn-gun and by a fair margin.

Did any of you hear Steyn recently saying that he thought Anderson was the best bowler in the world. I don't agree with that but I thought it was interesting.
Anderson is a mighty fine bowler, but tbh, that statement reveals more about Steyn than it does about Jimmeh.

Any fine bowler, unless he is a Victorian, is unlikely to call himself the best! :laugh:

Last edited:

akilana

International 12th Man
It's Steyn but there're people that will use selective stats to prove that somebody else is the best bowler in the world:wub:

FBU

International Debutant
Do you have a link? There are some media from certain places that I don't trust.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Sport | Cricket

I would say Steyn is the best.

What Anderson had to say about Steyn

Swinging the ball at pace is on it's own a difficult skill to master, but to do it at 90mph-plus is insanely hard. Everyone knows that a cricket ball will swing nicely between 79mph and 85mph, to make it do the same at high pace takes special skills.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Mohammad Asif !
Wait he is a jerk.

Zaheer Khan? Gets wickets on every condition.
Steyn is a good call as well.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's Steyn but I'm voting Jimmy Anderson because of his performances in Swann's Ashes Diary.

WAG

BlazeDragon

Banned
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Sport | Cricket

I would say Steyn is the best.

What Anderson had to say about Steyn

Swinging the ball at pace is on it's own a difficult skill to master, but to do it at 90mph-plus is insanely hard. Everyone knows that a cricket ball will swing nicely between 79mph and 85mph, to make it do the same at high pace takes special skills.
That is the sign of a really good bowler, getting good batsmen out all the time. Does it make him the best? Maybe it does.
He doesn't really say Anderson is the best in there but it would say more about his character more than anything else. Like it was correctly pointed out above no genuine person is gonna flat out say it in public that they are the best.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steyn but being second to that is no disgrace for Anderson, especially since it's not by as much as people think.

smash84

The Tiger King
With due respect to Anderson and Khan, the answer is Steyn-gun and by a fair margin.

Anderson is a mighty fine bowler, but tbh, that statement reveals more about Steyn than it does about Jimmeh.

Any fine bowler, unless he is a Victorian, is unlikely to call himself the best! :laugh:
haha....yeah. Steyn

Steyn but being second to that is no disgrace for Anderson, especially since it's not by as much as people think.
How much do better do you think people think Steyn is? :p

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Steyn basically says that stats don't tell everything. He doesn't actually say that Anderson is the best test bowler, but it can be argued.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Think he praised Zaheer a lot, about similarly during the IPL or the World Cup IIRC.