• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Most indispensable cricketer in the world

So who is it?

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
With Murali retirement this position is up for grabs imo going what happened in England I will say its Zaheer.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Zaheer? No way. He isn't there half the time anyway, India have been forced to play without him.

Shakib by a million miles.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Hussey worth a shout IMO. Sure, he's in a side with a group of good batsmen, but he's the one who performs when its needed most. Without him, I'd see the Australian middle/lower order collapsing pretty badly on a regular basis.

Doesn't carry the entire weight of the team on his shoulders like Shakib, but I'd bloody well hate to lose him, even if he isn't performing.

Seems to take wickets as well.

JBMAC

State Captain
Mike Hussey....speaks for itself...."Mr.Cricket"
LMAO at initial post.

Who decided Murali was the most indispensable player in the first place?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mike Hussey....speaks for itself...."Mr.Cricket"
LMAO at initial post.

Who decided Murali was the most indispensable player in the first place?
Erm...

When he was his country's most successful bowler by a vast margin throughout an 18-year career? When they stopped being able to win games without him?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hands up if you cringed at the grammatical faux pas in the title? Keep it up if you judge yourself for doing so.

Yeah, my hand is still up.

Xuhaib

International Coach
there are some who are very close but not their yet Sehwag in sub cont Ajmal,Chanderpaul, Vettori also reckon Swann will be for England in sub cont.

salman85

International Debutant
Zaheer is as indispensable now as a pair of used condoms.

Shakib is the most indispensable player in the world by a distance.