• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Viv Richards question- when did Greg Chappell hit him in the head?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Need match details, I've been asked hundreds of times to upload it, but the only time i can find Viv being hit was by Rodney Hogg in Melbourne 79/80, can't find ANY match where Greg hit him, but there are so many quotes about it it must be true, but no details exist that I can find. Anyone know? I'm tipping a WSC match in 77/78 or 78/79.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Viv himself confirms it happened in his autobiography, but other than implying it was in a Test match he isn't specific - if all else fails there's a Chappell autobiography being published fairly soon, indeed I suppose it may be out in Australia already

robelinda

Viv himself confirms it happened in his autobiography, but other than implying it was in a Test match he isn't specific - if all else fails there's a Chappell autobiography being published fairly soon, indeed I suppose it may be out in Australia already
Ive checked every test and one day innings vs Australia except for his 153* at the MCG, and its not any of them. I have Viv's book and its fairly vague stuff, i reckon it could've been a WSC match, because I checked literally every test where it could've been, and i'm only missing one, 2nd test 1979/80.

robelinda

Do you perchance have this dvd rob?

Seems to suggest the footage is on it!
No it just has Ian Chappell giving a terrible description of the incident, no footage at all, its in the bonus features. Pretty piss poor to release a ch 9 dvd and not have footage of the incident!

robelinda

Im assuming since they didn't include footage on that dvd that it just doesn't exist, was probably either in WSC or during the 153* which ch 9 don't have anymore.

robelinda

Oh my god- I HAVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How on earth did you find out that!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
best course of action is for someone to ask the cricinfo twitter account the same question i reckon